Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really liked this app. Especially the individual arrow plotting tracking and cluster analysis. I haven't found another iOS App that does this. Really nice for finding arrows that aren't quite grouping. Bummer it has been dropped from iTunes and the Developers.

My install of it now loses Ends, and Arrow values. So not really useful now.
I did try deleting ALL (4 years worth) Event history but it still has the same problems with a new Event.
I tried messing with the Database that gets saved in Dropbox, but now the Dropbox feature is broken for the App too, so I wouldn't be able to get it back into the App.

I've read you need to be careful about deleting and reinstalling as you'll lose your Paid "Pro full feature " status since the servers are no longer up to complete that, so you'll be left with just a Trial version.

So, any tips on fixing this App and keeping it running?

Thanks,
Brent

·
Registered
493 Posts
I'm not sure how to fix the app, but if you delete it you most likely won't be able to get it back at all since it's not on the App Store anymore. I'm surprised no one has made another scoring app yet that's as good as it was.

·
Registered
124 Posts
There is a new iOS app (or at least new to me) called target tracker. The logo is a 3 ring target with three arrows on the face and it is similar to archer zupshot. It does cluster analysis and allows you to plot impact points and tracks your scores. It is the app that I use since I started shooting spots after zupshot was no more. From what I understand this app is much cheaper than what zupshot used to cost. I think I only paid 99 cents.

·
Archery Blogger/Writer
9,332 Posts
The only true “hack” to keep it going is to not upgrade your iOS version.

The biggest issue is that the development library used to develop the app uses an external library that Apple won’t certify for use any more. It affected a lot of apps, both in the archery world and outside it.

The only way to fix it is to recompile it using a current, compatible language/library set.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
175 Posts
I too love this app. I can’t believe no one has picked up the development of it considering that it had major sponsors. I tried emailing the developer but got no response.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts