Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone had tried these. Soon as the cold weather comes my feet are always cold and I would pick some up if they work as good as they are supposed to.

·
Registered
13 Posts
artic shield

I have used them for a couple of years now and they make just enough noticeable difference that it permits me to stay in the tree alot longer ,rather than getting out of the tree to go warm my toes.:) :) :darkbeer:

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Try the chemical warmer insole, not just the toe warmer, but the whole insole. I have not had cold feet since I started using them on every hunt. I hunt Dec. in Minesota so it can get pretty cold.

I think a combination of a good boot, the boot blanket and a chemical heater in your boot, you could withstand any temp.

I know I saw a Realtree where David Blanton was hunting in Saskatchewan and he was talking about cold feet. He said the only thing that worked for him was to wear good socks, and them once he got to his stand, take his boot off and put on the boot blanket and then put in a chemical warmer pack.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
They work very well. I have used them for 3 or 4 years and it is the only thing I have found that keep my feet warm.

·
Registered
6,206 Posts
They work awesome and I would never be without them when it gets cold! The absolute key for them to work is to put them on as soon as you get into your stand so they retain the heat put off by your feet while you just walked to your stand. If you feel your feet getting cold....it's too late.

Q

·
0 Posts
I tried the chemical warmers once, but my feet sweated so much that the moisture caused my feet to get cold quicker. I tried their gloves and didn't see any difference, especiallly for the cost of the gloves. I was afraid thaat using the feet warmers would cause moisture problems. Anyone else experience this?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts