Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this some good stuff?? I just bought it and was wondering how to layer underneath it??

I have the Under Armour and was wondering if I need a light middle layer.

And at what temps do you wear this stuff??? and where

·
Registered
7,100 Posts
I have the H2 and H3 stuff...

don't waste your money unless you a serious long range hunter that hunts in just below freezing temps

The stuff I have is very noisy, feels like you are wearing tin foil, and is supposed to keep you insanely warm, but it doesn't really do what it is supposed to.

The liner on the H3 parka I have is very "crinkly" and stiff feeling. I returned it 3 times to Basspro thinking it was a defect... I now have a never before worn parka, all 3 had the same features. Some people have said you need to "wear it in" but I'm not wearing it in the woods, the deer would hear me a mile away

btw if your intrested in a new (still in the box) H3 parka lemme know :)

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dredly said:
I have the H2 and H3 stuff...

don't waste your money unless you a serious long range hunter that hunts in just below freezing temps

The stuff I have is very noisy, feels like you are wearing tin foil, and is supposed to keep you insanely warm, but it doesn't really do what it is supposed to.

The liner on the H3 parka I have is very "crinkly" and stiff feeling. I returned it 3 times to Basspro thinking it was a defect... I now have a never before worn parka, all 3 had the same features. Some people have said you need to "wear it in" but I'm not wearing it in the woods, the deer would hear me a mile away

btw if your intrested in a new (still in the box) H3 parka lemme know :)

I looking at the H4...not the 2 or 3....That stuff was too big and bulky

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Ummm my H3 stuff is great.

After last year reading about this so called tin foil sound and loud clothing I went to Bass Pro and tried it on and decided for myself. I could not be happier with my parka and bibs purchase. No more noisy than any cold weather clothing I have bought before. I stayed warmer than ever. So there we go, differences of opinion. Not saying I am right but my stuff is great. I only bowhunt and it's not bulky and was easy to draw with.

I thought my Browning Hydro Fleece was the best that could be had, this stuff is almost as good minus the Gortex.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts