Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let me start out by saying that MY FEET SUCK! ha, ha They sweat and there's no getting around it. I've tried tons of sock scenarios, etc... blah, blah and nothing has solved my issue. They have all allowed me to stay on stand longer, so that's a plus. But do you think for cold weather stand hunting, 1200gr is too much? I have always wore 1,000 gr in the past. I'm also talking about a hunting boot and not an insulated rubber boot.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
My feet sweat and get cold too,not everyones feet are like that.If I lived where you do I'd be looking into 2000 grams.This is a personnal preference thing.I wear Muck Woody Max's,they are very insulated .I always put ARTIC SHIELD booties over them with a hand warmer on top of ea foot.I'm done when my feet get cold.That just a simple fact.the price has come down on the Artic Shields,Just make sure you get the new model with zippers on rears.

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
My feet sweat too....A LOT:secret: I think you'll be fine with 1200 grams, might get hot, but atleast you're warm. Try foot powder, it helps with me.

·
Registered
6,796 Posts
I have never used 1200 but if I was in Minnesota I would probably own a pair.

·
When's bow season start?
8,909 Posts
#1- buy clear, unscented gel antiperspirant (I use Mitchum) and apply to the soles of your feet either before bed or at least 10 minutes prior to donning socks.

#2- mix one part baking soda to one part Argo corn starch and store in a sealed container. Just before donning socks, apply to your feet.

Your feet will stay dry and comfortable, along with remaining odor-free.

But....even 3000 grams of Thinsulate is not TOO much if your feet get cold!

·
Registered
8,685 Posts
Xtec Shooter said:
Let me start out by saying that MY FEET SUCK! ha, ha They sweat and there's no getting around it. I've tried tons of sock scenarios, etc... blah, blah and nothing has solved my issue. They have all allowed me to stay on stand longer, so that's a plus. But do you think for cold weather stand hunting, 1200gr is too much? I have always wore 1,000 gr in the past. I'm also talking about a hunting boot and not an insulated rubber boot.

Thanks
nope it ain't enough, sercret buy em big and use wool socks.

·
Yooper / Marauder
735 Posts
Bees said:
nope it ain't enough, sercret buy em big and use wool socks.
Agreed. In extreme cold, I start out with a light XStatic wicking liner, then merino wool, then heavier wool. My boots are one size larger than my normal footwear - 1600 gm thinsulate w/ gore tex so moisture can escape. Then the Arctic Shield overboots, and don't forget to have some sort of insulated layer on your treestand platform so the metal doesn't suck the heat out of your body.

The powder deal sounds like a good idea. Anything to stay out on stand longer, eh? :wink:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts