Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
No experience here,but I have heard that the new batch are pretty good strings.Some folks seem to have had an issue with them when they first came out though.....

·
Registered
651 Posts
I've never had a problem with any of mine.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the feedback guys. I was at my local proshop a little bit ago and asked him what he thought I should go with on my Outback and he said alot fo guys around here are buying the barracuda strings and having him make the cables and no problems at all.

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
I have always had a baracuda on my apex, it came with one of course, and i replaced it with a new one I bought here on AT, no problem, except that cable next to cam needs to have more serving put on it, the rest of the string and cables are covered with serving, but they need another inch or two on the cable so the cable itself won't turn against the cam, causing wear.

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
Wow man :eek: , I hope to God you don't buy one of those Barracudas instead of VaporTrail, Bucknasty or Winners Choice. I'm sorry, but there's no comparison.

·
Registered
4,883 Posts
My experience many times over (0 problems with any) is that the new Barracuda cables/strings are the best you can get. Zero stretch and zero twisting from fresh out of the container for several thousand shots. That is my experience - I could not purchase any string or cable that gives the comparable quality of service as the Barracuda.

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
They are a good upgrade from factory Fast Flight strings...but probably not the top performer on the market...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts