Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
roll tide roll!
3,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
let me start off by saying im not biased towards any bows as i've had all brands, (82) bows in my life, but i am frequently scanning the classifieds and it seems there are a ton of mathews,bowtechs and hoyts for sale and very few elites and pse's for sale, though there are a few, theres nowhere near as many as mathews, hoyts and bowtechs.... are there just that many more mathews and hoyts and bowtechs sold versus other brands? or are people just wanting to get rid of them to get their hands on a pse or elite and or people not wanting to sale their elites and pse's? this is not a bash at all just asking an honest question

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
The few hunting shops i've been to don't even carry Elite and only a few PSE. They sell Mathews, Hoyt and Bowtechs like crazy though. I feel they are way more of those out there to be resold. Some guys I have talked to haven't even heard of Elite.

·
Registered
818 Posts
More of the big name bows like mathews, hoyt etc. out there. So there would be more of them for sale.

·
Registered
6,931 Posts
One reason might be that the resale value of the big three makes them appealing to sell. Try selling a used APA or Ross or Oneida and see what you get. The bow is usually much more valuable to the seller than what he can get by selling it. Some of these compound bow manufacturers are making some fantastic bows but when you buy them you have to consider the fact that you might be selling it at some point which sometimes isn't an appealing prospect. I buy and sell bows all the time but I know which ones to buy to keep and which ones to buy to sell.

Doug

·
"country"
7,988 Posts
well it suprised me, but pse can be bought right off the web new, all of them, so what do they think of there dealers, this is not good for pse it will catch up to them quick!
supra 649
dominator 1299
evo 899

·
Registered
908 Posts
well it suprised me, but pse can be bought right off the web new, all of them, so what do they think of there dealers, this is not good for pse it will catch up to them quick!
supra 649
dominator 1299
evo 899
this has been going on for several years now... hasnt hurt my dearler one bit! Infact, In the past two years he's sold more PSE's than he has in the past 6...

times are a changing....the reason why you see so many of those bows in the classifieds, is because there are so many bows out there right now..

hoyt, pse, mathews, and bowtech are the top four in terms of bows sold right now..

·
74,535 Posts
More of the big name bows like mathews, hoyt etc. out there. So there would be more of them for sale.
Comman sense should tell anyone that. Dont think any of these three are falling behind.
DB

·
Registered
418 Posts
I just checked the classifieds and wrote down the first 50 bows I saw for sale in the hunting forum:

Mathews
Strother
Bow tech
Hoyt
Hoyt
Martin
Bow tech
Pse
Alien
Athens
Elite
Hoyt
Elite
Bow tech
Strother
Mathews
Bow tech
Carton
Mathews
Bow tech
Mathews
Bow tech
Elite
Hoyt
Bow tech
Pse
Elite
Hoyt
Hoyt
Martin
Mathews
Elite
Pearson
Pse
Mathews
Pse
Mathews
Pse
Mathews
Hoyt
Hoyt
Pse
Hoyt
Mathews
Pse
Mathews
Bow tech
Martin
Darton
Hoyt

You know what this tells me.... There's a lot of good deals in the classifieds.

·
Marty in Badgerland
5,291 Posts
I just checked the classifieds and wrote down the first 50 bows I saw for sale in the hunting forum:

Mathews
Strother
Bow tech
Hoyt
Hoyt
Martin
Bow tech
Pse
Alien
Athens
Elite
Hoyt
Elite
Bow tech
Strother
Mathews
Bow tech
Carton
Mathews
Bow tech
Mathews
Bow tech
Elite
Hoyt
Bow tech
Pse
Elite
Hoyt
Hoyt
Martin
Mathews
Elite
Pearson
Pse
Mathews
Pse
Mathews
Pse
Mathews
Hoyt
Hoyt
Pse
Hoyt
Mathews
Pse
Mathews
Bow tech
Martin
Darton
Hoyt

You know what this tells me.... There's a lot of good deals in the classifieds.
Somebody has too much time on their hands...

·
Registered
7,553 Posts
We are the same here in the part of Texas I'm at Mathews bow tech and Hoyt are it some martins at the academies. We had a dealer here for pse but once they set up to buy on inter net he droped them. No one here has even heard of elite, strothers, maitland, apa or any other brands. A big bow shop here only sales 200 bows a year. Not much movement.

·
Registered
47,473 Posts
Well, if the big three are selling more bows overall, and they do, then you'll see more used ones for sale. For every bow Elite sells Hoyt and Mathew's probably sell 1000 each. By those numbers, or even 1/4 of that, it seems everyone else is falling behing and getting sold more often.

·
Registered
886 Posts
pse will not send you the bow.they will send it to the dealer and you pick it up there.
supra 649
dominator 1299
evo 899

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
I sold my Hoyt right after the first time I shot my PSE Vendetta XS... far and away a better, faster bow than the one I had. PSE also has the fastest bow made right now, if I'm not mistaken... the X-Force Omen Pro, with an IBO of 366. I havent shot one, but if it's like the rest of the Pro Series bows from PSE, it's a little underrated on the speed. There's been several guys I shoot with who have recently dropped their Mathews and Bowtechs in favor of new PSE's, and a couple of New Breeds.

·
Registered
908 Posts
I sold my Hoyt right after the first time I shot my PSE Vendetta XS... far and away a better, faster bow than the one I had. PSE also has the fastest bow made right now, if I'm not mistaken... the X-Force Omen Pro, with an IBO of 366. I havent shot one, but if it's like the rest of the Pro Series bows from PSE, it's a little underrated on the speed. There's been several guys I shoot with who have recently dropped their Mathews and Bowtechs in favor of new PSE's, and a couple of New Breeds.
dropped my "hoyts" (plural), and bought a PSE...

and i used to talk so much smack on PSE, it wasnt even funny..

i really want to get a carbon matrix, and try an elite and a newbreed though

·
Registered
2,996 Posts
Most people keep their PSE and Elites. The others have big or little changes, but everyone has to have the next one. They change them like their drawers. Every day. I guess I'd have a couple more if I could afford it. Some people just have to much money.

·
Shootingairborne
10,575 Posts
The Big names make more and sell more..... Some of us on AT like buying new stuff and selling to try more new stuff...... That's how it goes....

·
Registered
574 Posts
As far as manufacturers selling bows directly, and cutting out the dealers, I don't see this as a problem, PROVIDED that they only sell them for the highest possible price - you gotta pay full MSRP to get one off the net directly to you. This way, no one with a dealer anywhere near them will pay that ridiculous price, and go buy from a dealer instead. But if you live in BFE Alaska, and have no dealers near you, this allows you to still order, and you just have to chalk up the extra cost to gas savings. Everyone wins.

·
Liv4Rut
7,318 Posts
The buzz I have been hearing at the bow tech dealers are the 2012s are going to be out of this world. They told my buddy to wait until the 2012s come out before he upgrades from his commander.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Simple there are more for sale because there are far sold. My shop is the #2 Elite dealer in the nation, even still we sell far more Mathews.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts