Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dad has been watching too many bowfishing videos on YouTube, now he’s getting interested in getting a compound bow with bowfishing capabilities. I did some cursory research and it seems like a lot of folks gravitate towards Oneida bows for this specialized activity? I’ll probably try and find him a used bow, especially since he’s not sure yet if he would like to totally get into bowfishing and up here in Canada, more specifically in Ontario, I believe you can only bowfish for Carp (suckers) and Gar Pike. Also, most say to get a bow that you don't mind scratching-up a little or it getting a little wet.

Any other bow models/brands or bowfishing attachments (bowfishing reels?) you would recommend?

·
Registered
294 Posts
Think PSE makes a couple bowfishing models. Diamond use to. Oneida do seem to be the popular choice, namely the Osprey. If y’all are on Facebook look for the group “lever lovers” it’s dedicated to Oneida’s and other lever bows

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks I’ll check them out.

Cheerio,

David,
Canada

·
Corripe Cervisiam
20,875 Posts
Old thread...my take. yes the Oneidas are smooth shooting carp bows....

....but its hard to beat those dedicated fish bows; they shoot great, cheap....and you don't even have to come to full draw with those...no hump in the draw cycle.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I prefer a recurve...easier to handle in my opinion. Whatever you buy, get something with 0% let off. Old compounds work for beginners, but you have to take a full draw to get the power. With a recurve or 0% letoff bow you don’t have to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts