Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everyday there are new threads about tuning broadheads. We talk about broadheads flying just like field tips.....I agree that a well tuned bow will shoot nearly any broadhead with accuracy. HOWEVER, it seems to me that some broadheads are less forgiving with then others. Any little glitch in your form or maybe you punch the trigger on a particular shot can be magnified by certain bheads.
Also there is the wind factor. In high winds, some broadheads will fly better then others. I don't want to debate which heads are better then others...there are plenty of other threads like that. But I do want to know if you agree with this. We all know that shooting at an animal out of a stand or blind is MUCH different then shooting at a target. ALOT can go wrong and our form is also probably not at its best due to many factors. Therefore, a forgiving head is very necessary.
I have several different kinds of heads and I feel like one brand really magnifies any small glitch in my shot.

So what do you guys and gals think? Do you see this same thing?

·
Registered
28,624 Posts
Yes

The smaller the broadhead the more forgiving it is.

·
In 'Da Head
24,266 Posts
Definitely. Shoot a ThunderHead and then shoot a Sonic or Wac 'Em or Slick Trick and you'll see the difference. The ThunderHead likes to drift.

·
Registered
5,919 Posts
I find that Thunderheads don't shoot well for me. Not sure why, but I can't get them to group as well as I'd like. I have had good luck with Muzzy, and the Eastman Titanium Sabre 100's (from Wal-Mart) shoot very well for me. NAP Nitron's are ok, but I think that short ferrule does it, I just can't get them to fly quite as well as the Muzzy's or Sabres. Even after spin testing and trying to match blades with fletching, I still couldn't get good flight out of Thunderheads. :confused:

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just wonder why this isn't mentioned often. When practicing at distances over 35 yds, I can see a big difference in groups with just a little wind with some b heads while very little with others.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts