Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if the spott hogg sights were worth the money. I live in Georgia where the shots are seldom over 30 yards unless you're hunting food plots. It would be fun though to take those long shots to have the confidence that I can make those tough shots in shorter differences

·
Shooter of flesh
7,661 Posts
I believe that the Hunter is definitely worth the money. With all it's adjustments and it's quality of build, it's an awesome sight.

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
Absolutely they have the best warranty available and a last sight you ever have to buy bows change but I still have the same sight 12 years later. If you are military there discount is awesome also.

·
Bears Den Precision
3,634 Posts
They are well worth the money. When you compare sights, Spot Hogg is not any more expensive than other top quality sights, difference is Spot Hoggs are built like a tank. The most durable sight I've ever used.

·
The pointy end...
2,370 Posts
They aren't even that much more expensive.
Compare the Tommy Hogg to the HHA with the dial or even the Hogg It to the Viper sight with a dovetail (Viper is very good value for money) or something by trophyridge that doesn't even have a dovetail and it's barely a difference. And I would argue a lot more durable than any of them.
As far as the Armortech sights go, in Europe they pretty much cost the same. Also depends on the dealer a lot.

·
Registered
784 Posts
I was always trying to save a few bucks buying some of the cheaper types of sights, finally bought a hunter model and can't imagine shooting without it. Even bought a second for my other bow.

·
Registered
68 Posts
In a word YES!!! I own to hogg-its. One on the target bow, one on the hunting rig. Can't beat the "tuneability"...

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Yes and no. If you like the sight then yes it is worth the money. If you are comparing it to the best bang for your buck then it is overpriced. I have a problem with always comparing huntng sights to sword sights. Nothing comes close to the value. Recently I had to make myself not do this and bought a mbg sight. I paid double what I would with sword. I like the sight so to me it is worth it. Sometimes you just have to spend that extra money to be happy.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
YES, They are absolutely worth it. One of the best built sights a person can get. I use a 7-pin Real Deal with all .010 pins, and I'm getting ready to give it to my son. I've been wanting to try a single pin sight again so I'm getting ready to switch over to a Tommy Hogg. My brother uses a Spot Hogg Hunter and if you like a solid mount FULLY adjustable sight it can't be beat.

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
Just bought a custom LH real Deal, they built and shipped in 2 days, been playing with it the past few days and so far I'm loving it. It is built like a tank, very well made and solid.

·
Registered
7,084 Posts
I am certainly not going to "bash" Spot Hogg sights. I own four of them and think they are the best on the market - why? Spot Hogg sights have all of the characteristics of a good sight, which in my mind, are durability, adjustability, clarity and warranty! They excel in all of these aspects. However, they are relatively expensive and therefore one has to ask him/herself - "do I really need the best in all these categories"? Someone who will only walk to a few stands in the woods a few times a year, climb up and shoot game within 30 yards may not need all this quality. That's a personal decision, pure and simple.

The only "negative" thing about Spot Hoggs (at least with my Tommy Hoggs) is the brightness of the single pin. My son's HHA single pin is much brighter, even though my Tommy's are wrapped. This is odd to me because the wrapped pins on my two Hunters are very bright in low light conditions.

·
Registered
911 Posts
I shoot a spot hogg hogg it and love it! It's durable, adjustable, easy to use and just a great sight. I haven't had to use the warranty but I have no doubts that if I did it would be an easy and enjoyable experience.

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
The only site I'll use. All three bows in my house have Spot Hogg. I've tried others in the past and always came back to the Spott Hogg. Durability, customer service, ease of use. There is no better.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Be sure to get the light...pins def not bright enough. The only thing I would say about mine is that I did not need to use it to its full capabilities....I never had to tune the 3rd Axis, it was fine. I only shot to hunt. I did like how it locked everything down and having to loosen one set screw to be able to loosen another set screw.

·
Vendor
84,690 Posts
Spot hogg has been known for making one of the most durable sights on the market But they have all the adjustment you will ever need no matter if you just hunt in GA or want to head out west to hunt. and Im here in Georgia and have sold many of these and the Tommy hogg, Hogg it and Hunter sights would be the best sellers for me here in Ga. But over all the country my best seller would be the Hogg father single pin .If you need to know any details on the sights send me a Pm.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts