Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
.....Additional Vbars, counter balances, or weighted attachments are prohibited. (For the purposes of this rule, any device adding length or weight to the stabilizer shall be considered part of the stabilizer and shall be subject to the 12-inch rule.)

So would the crossbar be considered a "counter balance" or "weighted attachment"? Or "considered part of the stabilizer"? If legal, I suppose there's no limit to how far out you extend the crossbar as long as it holds well for you and is within 12" front to back?

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
As we understand it now is legal but they seem to like to change things at IBO

·
Registered
4,723 Posts
Is there a rule that says the stabilizer has to be able to pass through a certain diameter tube? I thought I read that somewhere, but can't seem to find it.

·
Registered
7,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I saw that in a thread somewhere but it's not in the IBO rules, at least that I could find.

·
Registered
3,944 Posts
Is there a rule that says the stabilizer has to be able to pass through a certain diameter tube? I thought I read that somewhere, but can't seem to find it.
I believe that there is a future rule that will be going into effect next year? Has to fit inside a 2" tube...

Wondering if offsetting the attachment stud to the edge of that 2" tube (therefor offsetting the whole stabilizer) or angled stabilizers will be legal???

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
I believe that there is a future rule that will be going into effect next year? Has to fit inside a 2" tube...

Wondering if offsetting the attachment stud to the edge of that 2" tube (therefor offsetting the whole stabilizer) or angled stabilizers will be legal???
Why would they ban stabilizers like the Doinker DISH hunters and B-Stingers as long as they are under 12"?

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
Why would they ban stabilizers like the Doinker DISH hunters and B-Stingers as long as they are under 12"?
I need to talk to Ken Watkins at IBO about this, I thought it was just an nasty rumor but looks like they are doing it for 2013.....I just don't see how they think this new ruling for 2013 is good for the sport of archery as Hunters use these types of stabilizers on their hunting bows all the time and they have been out for a long time now?

·
Registered
5,541 Posts
Because certain crybabies like to complain that it's not fair when someone uses something they don't like an wins with it. Hunter class should be for folks to shoot their hunting rigs. I have to shoot MBO because I have a single pin adjustable sight. It's BS, but I don't mind because it's what I hunt with. I used to shoot a DISH and loved it, but new rule would make everyone shooting one have to move up from HC to MBO even if they are using thier hunting rigs......

I think it's BS, but thankfully it won't hurt me as I'm already in MBO. If I was in HC is would be pi$$ed......

·
Registered
7,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I need to talk to Ken Watkins at IBO about this, I thought it was just an nasty rumor but looks like they are doing it for 2013.....I just don't see how they think this new ruling for 2013 is good for the sport of archery as Hunters use these types of stabilizers on their hunting bows all the time and they have been out for a long time now?
Let us know if you find out anything.

·
Registered
5,541 Posts
I agree. Not good for sport. Not good for IBO. Not good for DISH, not good for the 'Stingers, not good for anyone.

Erick, it would be great if you could get with other manufacturers to have a talk with IBO about that rule......

·
Registered
28,450 Posts
I agree. Not good for sport. Not good for IBO. Not good for DISH, not good for the 'Stingers, not good for anyone.

Erick, it would be great if you could get with other manufacturers to have a talk with IBO about that rule......
According to my source... starting in 2013 they will have a piece of 2in PVC pipe 12in long at all the shoots...if they can't pass it over you stab...it's illegal!...my source is really high up...it should have been posted by now on the IBO website...it was voted on in Nov. or Dec. They decided to give Mfg. 1 yr. to get used to the change so as not to "hang them up " with excess inventory. So, if I were you I'd call Ken and get it from the "horses mouth".

·
Registered
7,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If they were going to give manufacturers a year to get rid of inventory, it's odd they didn't let Doinker know about that decision.

Maybe they knew the storm it would stir up and didn't want to hear about it and maybe they were going to leave it up to manufacturers to find out on their own.

IMO, very badly handled if it's true.

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
If they were going to give manufacturers a year to get rid of inventory, it's odd they didn't let Doinker know about that decision.

Maybe they knew the storm it would stir up and didn't want to hear about it and maybe they were going to leave it up to manufacturers to find out on their own.

IMO, very badly handled if it's true.
That, and it is silly and pointless. Hello.......the rest of the hunting world is moving forward, and they want to move backwards. JMO

·
In the begining God......
3,650 Posts
Its a democratic plot I tell you....................redistribution of weight.

·
Wait......what?
4,888 Posts
Not meant to hi-jack this thread, but I have a question. Can the Stokerized SS1 be used in HC?

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
This is ridiculous. I have a 10" DISH on my MR8 that I will hunt with. Everything else is HC legal, including the sight. I originally bought an HHA for it then remembered it wasn't legal for HC so I exchanged it. Now I have a stabilizer I won't be able to use. Wow IBO, good call for this one. Hey maybe it would be a good idea to make everyone in HC have to shoot aluminum arrows too?

Another question, what about angled stabilizers? I have a 8" Axion with a 10 degree downward angle on my Z7 Mag. Is that illegal too?

·
Registered
913 Posts
To my knowledge the IBO has dropped this ruling for 2013.

·
Registered
2,781 Posts

·
Registered
5,069 Posts
An IBO sanctioned event is a competition, not hunting.
Competitions have rules and classes, to level the playing field for competitors within each class.

If you are worried about using your hunting setup to simulate hunting shots, there are plenty of local events with "walk-on" options, non-competitive.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts