Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wanting to shoot X7 Cobalts for indoor this winter but I personally don't like the fit of the super nocks. I have tried the 3D version and that too didn't fit my taste.

Is there a nock made by beiter or some other company that has a fit like the g-nock but will work in the X7's

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
some people have put uni bushings in that accept g-nocks. But why shoot a unibushing in a super swage shaft I will never know. lol. I personally perfer the 3D nock MUCH better than the super nock.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Brad,

I have tried the 3-D nocks and IMO they choke the string compared to how the g-nock feels.

·
EPLC Stabilization 4-Sale
9,420 Posts
Yes, the new Carbon Express nocks are great... They have the same size shaft as the super nocks but are shorter, and weigh in at just over 8 grains. I picked up some last week and so far I'm very impressed.

Also, have you thought of going to a smaller diameter center serving if fit is a problem? I use .018" center serving on a 24 strand 452 string and the fit is just right.

·
Registered
642 Posts
I shot some Bohning nocks a few years back that worked real nice. Real similar to the Super Nocks. Pretty durable too....

·
Registered
5,700 Posts
not trying to be a smart *** but if your shooting a drop away you might want to look at the turbonocks. i shoot them out of my bow with cobalt 2312's and they are excellent. the dead x's are the smaller of the turbonocks and your flight for indoor is really tight and right on. with the turbo nock you don't need standard fletching and the design makes the shaft spin two rpm's in the first 5 feet. just a thought if your shooting a drop away and hope you will give them a look see. i feel they can improve performance over all but it;s for you to see fo ryourself and maybe they will help you out.
rob k

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
EPLC said:
Yes, the new Carbon Express nocks are great... They have the same size shaft as the super nocks but are shorter, and weigh in at just over 8 grains. I picked up some last week and so far I'm very impressed.

Also, have you thought of going to a smaller diameter center serving if fit is a problem? I use .018" center serving on a 24 strand 452 string and the fit is just right.

Paul,

What serving would you recommend to accomplish a task like that. Never had the though of reserving to make a nock fit better. Good idea though.

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Beiter makes a nock that will fit - check out Lancaster archery

·
EPLC Stabilization 4-Sale
9,420 Posts
I use BCY #62 for my center serving (and end serving as well)... It comes in .018, .021 and .025 diameters.

·
Banned
736 Posts
Magnocks

No pinch nock made is as consistant and forgiving as the Magnock system. The large size is the direct replacement for the super and 3D nock.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Magnum Ti Pins and Pin Nocks is the answer

And Chris don't forget the NEW MAGNUM TI pins that will fit ANY arrow that takes a Super Uni Nock that will work with regular pin nocks made by Easton or out superior Magnock Pin Nocks....Pro1

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Re: Magnum Ti Pins and Pin Nocks is the answer

Pro1 said:
And Chris don't forget the NEW MAGNUM TI pins that will fit ANY arrow that takes a Super Uni Nock that will work with regular pin nocks made by Easton or out superior Magnock Pin Nocks....Pro1

Pro1 I want to make sure I under stand you correctly. Magnock has a Pin that will adapt a X7 cobalt to a Pin Nock? If so that would be a great choice.

·
Registered
34,164 Posts
Go with the Beiters.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Would the 19/2 Beiters work well with the Uni bushings that come with the Eclipse's
Just a thought as a second option?

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Re: Re: Magnum Ti Pins and Pin Nocks is the answer

Plainsman said:
Pro1 I want to make sure I under stand you correctly. Magnock has a Pin that will adapt a X7 cobalt to a Pin Nock? If so that would be a great choice.
Plains,

Yes they do just that. Here is a picture of a prototype Ti in a superswage. For more details, check out the link and pictures I posted in the manufacturers section. You can use the magnock C-nock on these, the easton pin nock, or the McKinney pin nock on these Ti pins. If you haven't shot a pin system yet, you will be impressed with the results.

Attachments

·
Registered
275 Posts
Plainsman,
I used Tune-A-Nock"s to shoot indoors last year and realy liked them. They are made by Quality Archery Designs. Their web site is www.qadtnc.com. Dave

1 - 18 of 18 Posts