Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The reason I'm asking is because my one and only bow has been the Browning AfterBurner and I read somewhere that it is not the best engineered bow. Plus the plastic knobs under the limbs keep coming off. The pockets where the limbs and riser meet are a little screwey and have some tolerance issues. I want to get a new bow and just want to make sure that there aren't any similar flaws.

I'm going to shoot the Patriots and VFT

Just Curious

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
I've had my VFT for about 3 months now, and the only technical reason I can think of why you shouldn't buy one, is because, technically speaking, they are a lot more forgiving than they should be given the geometry!

I LOVE THE VFT!

Bo

·
Registered
3,976 Posts
Do you have your own bow press? If so, make sure the riser geometry and limbs will be able to be pressed by your press. Don't laugh, I have a press I can't use on the new hoyt risers, and a friend has a press he can't use on an AR bow.

--Bob

·
Banned
4,304 Posts
The only reason I can think of would be the increased cost of arrows. You'll be busting them up if you shoot groups much. But really, there are no "technical" flaws I've heard of. As with any mass produced product, there are some that are not perfect. But I don't think it's ever been an issue with BowTech not producing bows as good as anyone else's. IMO they are better than most, and as good as the rest.

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
I can't use my press on my patriot, and I'm sure the extreme
vft is the same... I have to use a portable bow press, that's
about the only downside to this bow.. they are great on
quality control , materials, and design.. one of the finest
bows I've ever owned.. you won't be sorry...someone
wrote it's a good hunting bow.. well that hunting bow
will shine at the 3d range also.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I just traded a Hoyt CyberTec for a black Pro 40 dulley and its a wonderfull bow. I had never even held a Bow Tech before the Pro 40, no one carries them here( I dont know why there really missing out) and its really a well made bow, and for me the groups at 30 yards out to 50 really tightened up for me.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Bowtech quality is the least of your worries.

Bowtech's quality is top-notch. I have owned an Extreme Short Draw, a Pro 40, and 2 Patriots. I have never been disappointed with any of them. The new Patriots and Extreme VFTs have a lot narrower grip, and feel really good, right from the factory. I have a red target patriot for shooting 3D and indoor spots, I gave up on shooting groups at anything under 40 yards, it ruins too many arrows. My camo "hunting" patriot can group 5 shots in a 3" circle at 50 yards. I have shot 8" groups at 100 yards with it. I shot a four shot group at 100 yards last week, all four were in a 6" circle. Any bow that shoots like that is definitely a quality product. Buy a Bowtech if you want, but you ain't gettin' mine !!!

·
Registered
38 Posts
I've owned three bowtechs,two of them I still own and I've never had a problem with them. The only thing that I had trouble this year is the new one pc quiver the problem was a faulty adaptor that connects to the sight. But they fixed the prob. right away. It's nice to see a comp. take care of a problem right away and not broom it under the rug and forget it. My brother in law is a dealer for Bowtech and so far he has never had to fix anything major on the bows.

·
Registered
599 Posts
these are so fast the deer will hear your bow 15 seconds after the broadhead hits him :D :D . these are also ACCURATE bows. ive never heard of any of them having anything wrong.

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
Because a Merlin Max 3000 in camo with Omega or Rapid2 cam would look sweeter in your hands.:D :). Good shooting.
Dylan

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
pdq and grant got to it before me , your cost in arrows is going to skyrocket if you shoot for groups :D Dylins got a point though the merlins are nice and have a much easyer draw cycle over bowtechs dual cams , cant say about their wheely bow as I havent got to one yet .

·
Registered
984 Posts
I can't give you a technical reason, but I've never bought a bow based solely on something technical. I alway buy, because it feels good in my hands, is easy to hold steady, and has the features I'm looking for in a bow.

I suggest trying several brands. Choose models that meet your technical requirements, then pick the one you like the most. It may be a Bowtech, but chances are just as good that it may be another brand. There are lots of super bows out there today. Bowtech has won over it's share, but lots of other companies have impressed the heck out of their shooters. Why limit yourself without even trying the others?

·
Lift, Run, Shoot
12,807 Posts
No, but there are lots of "technical" reasons why you SHOULD buy a Bowtech. They make some of the best bows on the market and they are clearly some of the most technically sound and superior bows you can find.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts