Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my Airborne and noticed what look like cracks on the tips of the limbs. I need to know whether these are actually cracks or whether the limbs are manufactured this way. Please help!

Attachments

· Registered
8,033 Posts
Exactly!! Limbs used to be produced without these and manufacturers had major problems with limb failure! Most companies use these "stress reducers" in one form or another!! :)

most of solid limb come with those small split near limb bolt to avoid crack

· Registered
2,121 Posts
They're all like that.

· Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks so much for help guys! Phew! I am so excited about the new bow - can't wait to put a few arrows through it.

· Registered
1,109 Posts
Ah i remember when I noticed those spaces, I about had a heart attack, then realized what they were ;)

· Registered
4,591 Posts
Thanks so much for help guys! Phew! I am so excited about the new bow - can't wait to put a few arrows through it.

With the numerous problems with Bowtech limbs....no one here blames you for asking. After recieving my General....I was scrutinizng every little nick, scratch, etc....and this was way before the reporst of busted limbs....unfortunately...Bowtech has made me suspicious also.

· Banned
3,222 Posts
yeah,NVpro,exactly.Lots of solid limb bows had a whole drilled just inside the V cut for eccentrics & covered with a screwcap for this purpose.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.