Archery Talk Forum banner
  • Enter in this new Contest Sponsored by Walmart for your chance to win a $400 gift just in time for the 4th of July! HERE Contest Ends on the 30th.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Ritual 35, Axcel sights, Carter Two Shot
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't paid much attention to Bowtechs until this year. I like the Revolt X and really like the Reckoning 35 BUT after reading the thread on here about the bearing failures I'm pretty concerned about that. If I drop the $ for a new bow and it has a failure of a part that they've been aware of for so long I will be highly pi$$ed. I have a friend who's wife got a new Eva Shockey 2 a few weeks ago and it had a bearing failure last weekend which damaged the bow and caused the string to put a big welt on her arm. I'm seriously considering buying one of these bows soon but does anybody know what/if Bowtech has done to eliminate this problem ? Or do you have the part number of a quality replacement bearing ? Advance thanks for your help.

·
Registered
3,822 Posts
I believe its hit and miss. I hope this isn't a new "limb" failure type issue.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
Reckoning 35 for 3D, RealmX for hunt, PSE SupraFocusXL for spot . Axcel, ARC release, Victory.
2,191 Posts
I got first set of blue Reckoning 35's what came to market.. or in Europe anyways.
No bearing problem but right now it is warranty claim from those adjustment hex's.
They're like tin... soft. Hopefully they will make those screws from better metal now.
Full cam system coming... when it comes that's whole another thing

·
Registered
712 Posts
Odd she had a bearing failure so fast. There could have been a loose screw that holds the roller guard together.. or the obvious dry fire

·
Registered
17,609 Posts
Odd she had a bearing failure so fast. There could have been a loose screw that holds the roller guard together.. or the obvious dry fire
My realm x had bearing failure after 30 Shot, max, my reckoning 35 was on its third bearing in 18 months.

·
Registered
7,417 Posts
I guess i have been lucky with mine. No problems so far.

·
Registered
937 Posts
For what its worth, After I was sent new bearings for my SR6 and Revolt X I have had no problems and I have way more arrows through both bows after I put the new ones in than I had before the original ones broke. The claim was that there was some bad batches that made it through and they have since fixed that issue. I have a few thousand arrows through my Solution now also with no issues. It seemed to be if there was going to be an issue it happened early with a few amount of arrows through the bow.

·
Registered
Bowtech Revolt X
554 Posts
Guess I’ve been lucky too. Had my Invasion for years with no limb or bearing issues. Now I’ve had my Revolt X since last October or so with no issues so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have 8 different Bowtechs, oldest being an Insanity and the newest is a Realm SR6. All but the Realm have literally thousands of shots through them and I’ve not had a single roller bearing issue. I’ve been through a few sets of strings and cables on each but that’s to be expected. I guess I’m lucky too.

·
Registered
5,063 Posts
My bearings broke two times on me. Both times my arm failed me and my release slipped out of my hand. What kinda bearings can't withstand the impact from a release propelled forward with hundreds of pounds of force?

Bowtech had the nerve to cover me for free the first time I did it but the second time I had to pay!

I just don't know about America any more.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17,609 Posts
Since I got rid of all my bowtechs I don't have anymore issues either with them. Lol

·
Registered
937 Posts
Issue seems to be gone. SR6 Revolt X and Solution. Thousands of arrows sent. No more issues.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts