Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
5,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not like Ted Kazinsy....

I'm a family man, I work with people every day. Sometimes 30-40 new people in a day.

90% of the time I hunt alone and prefer it that way. I enjoy sharing a successful kill and I celebrate the successes of others. But I definitely find solace in the individual pursuit and the solitude, if only for a few hours.

What say you?
Loner? Or prefer the company of others out in the woods?

·
Registered
5,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The main reason I hunt with one other guy is hes 67 and had a bad fall. Wore a harness, but not a lifeline. A branch gave way and he shattered his wrist. Can't do the field dressing and dragging anymore. Me & another guy always try to go with him or make ourselves available if he knocks one down. Otherwise I'd be closer to 98% myself.

·
Just Do It.....
30,245 Posts
There is nothing like being in the woods alone....I am looking forward to solo 3-4 day winter backpack camping trips right now....but first I need to kill me some deer....:wink:

·
4,780 Posts
I really enjoy hunting with someone else but at least 90% if the time I hunt alone because no one is as commeted as I am

·
That's a bear track!
28,860 Posts
I guess I'm a bit of a loner. I work for a big corporation in a production facility and am surrounded by people I like and people I don't. I'm typically the friendly sort but work isn't a place to make friends so I like to keep to myself as best I can. Men can generate drama that makes women look like amateurs.

As for hunting, I've gone on several extended hunts all by my lonesome. Done some fly-ins all by myself. Never felt lonely.

·
Im a Father and Bowhunter
6,004 Posts
Bowhunt alone or with my son. fish with my son or alone, rifle hunt with a group of guys . I do enjoy the solitude of the outdoors more.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

·
3%er
3,635 Posts
Loner...no drama, no backstabbing etc.

·
Registered
spoon & crockpot proud member......killing tomorrows trophys today
29,158 Posts
Gun hunting I like the camaraderie. Bowhunting, all alone.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
I use to hunt with "Friends" until I realized they where taking advantage of me...You know the ones that call when all the work is done on the farm in October!

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
90% of the time I hunt alone and prefer it that way. I enjoy sharing a successful kill and I celebrate the successes of others. But I definitely find solace in the individual pursuit and the solitude, if only for a few hours.

Agree with this Capt. ... love my time alone in the woods

·
Making it REIGN
3,794 Posts
Alone most of the time. I have a few buddies that hunt but don't take It as serious as do.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Alone 90%. Until we do bow drives about 10% with others. I prefer alone as I'm too anal.

·
Registered
15 Posts
For me, bow hunting is a solo sport. If I had a friend or family member who shared this interest, it would be nice to have a partner to tag along but the sit would still be solo. Unless I got into filming or hunting from a ground blind.

·
Registered
19,026 Posts
Hunted with friends till 1979 with gun then quite gun hunting, & bow hunt alone ever since.

·
Back down to ground level
16,307 Posts
I have all week to hunt alone. When I'm not hunting alone, I'm hunting with my son. We go our separate ways, but we think so much alike we often end up in the same places. Tried hunting and fishing with a good friend from work one year, and got tired of waiting for him to show up.
If we lived closer, I wouldn't mind going on a solo winter trip with zap, if that makes any sense.

1 - 20 of 111 Posts