Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont know about anyone else, but I am not, nor will I ever be. Even if I can put a dozen shafts in a 3 inch circle at 60 yards, I know that I can move it up a notch. No matter how good you are, you can get better. Untill I can Robin Hood a dozen back to back at 60 yards, well, you get the picture.

Are any of you happy to the point that you dont really try to improve?

·
Registered
329 Posts
I'm very happy... for now.
I've only been shooting a little over 2 years now. I started off with equipment that didn't fit, no coaching and bad form habits.:sad:

I found a great shop this spring where I got some good coachinfg and got my equipment straightened out.
I also got lots of help from the folks here on AT. :yo:

I've been improving throughout the summer, but just over the last few weeks my shooting took a jump up. I started shooting 3" groups at 35 yds. that were accurate too. Before that I was getting 6" groups at that range on a good day.
The first couple of times I thought it was a fluke, but it's been consistant for a few weeks now.
So, I'm happy now, especially with hunting season coming up, but I'll still work on improving.

·
Registered
4,927 Posts
warped Arrow said:
I dont know about anyone else, but I am not, nor will I ever be. Even if I can put a dozen shafts in a 3 inch circle at 60 yards, I know that I can move it up a notch. No matter how good you are, you can get better. Untill I can Robin Hood a dozen back to back at 60 yards, well, you get the picture.

I'd put it this way.
I am happy when I am shooting.
I am happy when I make even the smallest improvement.
I can't help but improve if I keep shooting.
I doubt I will ever shoot a doz. shafts into a 3" target at 60yds. unless you give me 100 or more arrows in a row,but that does not stop me from trying.
I am happy with my present abilities,and look forward to the future.

·
Remember.. Archery is fun
3,323 Posts
heavy dart said:
I'd put it this way.
I am happy when I am shooting.
I am happy when I make even the smallest improvement.
I can't help but improve if I keep shooting.
I doubt I will ever shoot a doz. shafts into a 3" target at 60yds. unless you give me 100 or more arrows in a row,but that does not stop me from trying.
I am happy with my present abilities,and look forward to the future.
Now here's a great attitude. Keep it up.

Nick

·
Registered
5,230 Posts
warped Arrow said:

I am always trying to improve...:)

·
Registered
14,295 Posts
I'm happy with my shooting, just not my arrow placement. Especially with broadheads...:sad:

This real cool dude I know, told me to shorten my release a half inch and establish a better anchor spot, I did so and that helped a lot but I am still always looking to get better. Want to shoot spots from 50....

·
Registered
5,230 Posts
Slippy Field said:
I'm happy with my shooting, just not my arrow placement. Especially with broadheads...:sad:

This real cool dude I know, told me to shorten my release a half inch and establish a better anchor spot, I did so and that helped a lot but I am still always looking to get better. Want to shoot spots from 50....
whoever told you to do that slippy has to be the coolest person on earth:eek: :wink:

·
Registered
7,634 Posts
''warped arrow'' we sound exactly alike . i get so upset i can hardly stand it . i know what i'm supposed to do and can never do it .

·
74,535 Posts
Had one of my best years ever

Right now shooting is very fun. Im very happy with my equipment and my shooting ability.

·
Registered
636 Posts
I am extremely happy with my shooting. I know it is good enough to knock down a deer if I am good enough to get in close to one. I have fun shooting every time I shoot.

That said...I practiuce so I can improve my shooting. My shooting shows improvement almost every time I practice. I may never be done improving my accuracy. But I am happy anyhow. Why? BecaUSE i DO NOT SEE ANY REASO0N TO GET DOWN ON MYSELF ABOUT IT. i AM TRYING...AND THAT'S ABOUT ALL A NORMAL HUMAN BEING CAN DO...TRY TO IMPROVE. (Who put that stupid caps lock key so close to the shift key anyhow?)

Nate

·
Registered
15,839 Posts
Let's say I am content. I like to shoot. I don't get fustrated when I don't do as good as I should. I like to be consistant and make suddle improvements. But, I still enjoy. If I find myself getting too serious, I back off some. To much competition reduces the fun level for me.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
I'm happy with my shooting so far this year. i know thier are still some improvement to make but for now I'm happy. I don't shoot competition, I mainly hunt with my archery and after I switch to a better bow I'm shooting pretty good.

To all the people that wants to robin hood all thier shots, good luck.

·
Registered
9,559 Posts
kinda

I'm happy with my shooting from a hunting stand point, I can hit a softball out to 40 yards, but I'd like to be able to hit a peanut at 40 yards. I'd be happy with a softball at 100 yards. :wink: But the want to be better drives me.

Ben

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
OK, so we all are "happy" with our shooting. I may need to clarify this though. Is there anyone that is so content that they practice just so they dont "loose" it? Me for one, I am always trying to get better, and wont ever be satisfied. untill I can get no better, there is only up.

·
Registered
6,665 Posts
warped Arrow said:

I think my AT handle says it all. Am I happy with my progress to date? Yes. Am I satisfied that this is the best that I can be? Definitely not. There is always room for improvement. With a positive attitude, good training information (much of this coming from AT), and lots of hard work, you can always reach that next level of performance.

·
Registered
107 Posts
No I am not I stink this year. When I'm on I'm when I'm off...well it is scary

·
Banned
910 Posts
My ability to shoot at known distances , yes, I cna usuaklly keep 4 for 4 in white on a field Hunter target out to 40 yds. I would like to be better judging unknown ranges.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
I am real happpy with my shooting. I got real serious about it again about a year and a half ago after about a 10 year period of barely shooting. I learned how to shoot all over again. The bad habits were still there and were tough to break. Yes I am still improving, and still trying to improve. The biggest thing I need to accomplish is a higher level of consistency. It mostly comes down to mental blunders.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts