Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to sight through the screens of a blind accurately is impossible unless you have the correct peep sight. Read the email Robert sent.

"I was apprehensive about changing the setup of my bow during hunting, but after not being able to take a shot at the biggest doe I have ever had a shot at, I had to do something.

It was 5 minutes after sundown when she showed up. I was in a blind and she was 24 yards away. There was so much diffusion in my peep I was unable to tell what I was aiming at, and she walked. After carefully installing the Nite Hawk peep, adjusting it to hit with the same sight settings I so carefully adjusted, taking a couple dozen practice shots to be sure of my adjustment and to become accustomed to the peep, I did a final serving and went back to hunting. She didn't show up yesterday, but I did have her on camera. Just before I left the blind I picked out a plant I could see in the dim light and aimed at it, just to see what it looked like in darker conditions than when that doe came by the week before. It was completely clear and bright. If I had the Nite Hawk peep the day she came by, I would by typing up an email with a belly full of venison. I sent my bowshop a link to your website and the next time I go in there I will be talking to the owner about trying, and stocking your peeps. Thanks for a great product!"

Robert

Make sure you can shoot accurately. Get a #4 Nite Hawk peep.

www.nitehawkarchery.com

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
I stopped using a blind many years ago, I sit in front of cover and see and shoot as many deer as ever. All a blind does is keep the rain off you.

·
The Impartial Archer
18,808 Posts
I try hard not to use blind if I don't have to.

·
The Impartial Archer
18,808 Posts
On the other hand, I shoot blind every day.
That's fine but the reason I don't is its harder to control your scent, can't use my theromcell, can't see as well and you have obstructions blocking your shots. That's why I use them if I have to.....but I don't like to.

·
Registered
8,620 Posts
That's fine but the reason I don't is its harder to control your scent, can't use my theromcell, can't see as well and you have obstructions blocking your shots. That's why I use them if I have to.....but I don't like to.

Play on words... Everything I do every day I do blind...

·
Registered
51,169 Posts
You missed the pun

·
The Impartial Archer
18,808 Posts
Sorry.....read right past it........lol:embara:

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
On the other hand, I shoot blind every day.
LOL. Funny but I don't understand how you are able to do so. I am impressed every time I see your posts!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,620 Posts
LOL. Funny but I don't understand how you are able to do so. I am impressed every time I see your posts!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't normally like to hijack threads, but meh…
And don't be impressed, I have days where I couldn't hit the ground with an arrow if I dropped it.

Basically I use a camera tripod in a "T" bracket that allows me to place my feet in the same orientation consistently and directs my bow hand towards the target. I don't have any pics or vids, but the link below [if it works] should show how it works, and the descriptions aren't so bad…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JYUbYpDopU

I haven't had the pleasure as to shoot against Roger or Janice, but that's my 2019 goal (Para Worlds). I've been to Europe a couple times to shoot local/regional events, seems to be far more para archery opportunities overseas, and can usually hold my own.
[This is where I would post my bragging "group" pics or profess how I'm number 1…]

Hope this helps

1 - 11 of 11 Posts