Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
10,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I promised a hard Average hunter thread.So here it is .Please Please play nice If you want a thread to argue on I will open one for you guys .However I think we can get through this Average thread unscaved!!!

I want your feelings your expeiances and mostly you honset answers and opinions! All but 2 questions are yes and no ! So lets go .

Have you hunted any animal on a High fenced Hunt?-

If you have not HF hunted skip the next 4 questions!!!!
Did you enjoy your H/F hunt ?--

How many times have you hunted them?--

Were you succsesfull?--

What did you kill ?

Do you think H/F hunting should be outlawed?--

Would you H/F your hunting land if you could?--

Nuff with H/F moveing on!!!

If you had 1 tag and a badly gut shot deer walked by ,would you use your one tag on it ?--

If the gut shot deer was a small 4 point would you still use your tag on it ?--

Have you ever quit tracking a blood trail too soon?-

Have you ever missed a shot on a hunt with freinds or family and told no one?--

Have you ever wounded a deer or big game animal?-

Have you ever not told a hunting companion you wounded a deer while on a hunt together?--

Do you get the least bit jealous if someone that hunts with or around you kills a big buck that you hunted?-

Have you ever killed a 4.5 old buck or older with a 140 in rack or bigger ?--

Have you ever sabotaged a hunters area ?

Have you ever hunted anothers tree stand and not told them?

Have you ever made up an excuse to not go hunting with hunting partner then go without them?--

Do you prefer to hunt alone ?

Have you ever lied to a hunting buddy about what you saw while hunting a area you both hunt together ?--

Have you ever put a hunting partner in a location that would only benefit your hunt that particular hunt ?--

Have you ever suspected you were put in a bad spot while hunting witha partner to help move or not move deer for your partner ?

Have you ever befriended a hunter just to get an invite to his hunting area?--

Ok This is enough pain for you guys that will answer these questions honestly .LOL:wink: So here you go some asked for it and some questions here I think will leave a mark!Play nice and have fun!

·
Registered
10,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Have you hunted any animal on a High fenced Hunt?-YES

Did you enjoy your H/F hunt ?--YES

How many times have you hunted them?--5

Were you succsesfull?--YES

What did you kill ? Boar ,Rams,And 3 exotic deer

Do you think H/F hunting should be outlawed?--NO

Would you H/F your hunting land if you could?--YES

If you had 1 tag and a badly gut shot deer walked by ,would you use your one tag on it ?--YES

If the gut shot deer was a small 4 point would you still use your tag on it ?-- Man why did I write this question???

YES!!!! I guess

Have you ever quit tracking a blood trail too soon?-Yes

Have you ever missed a shot on a hunt with freinds or family and told no one?--Yes

Have you ever wounded a deer or big game animal?-Yes

Have you ever not told a hunting companion you wounded a deer while on a hunt together?--NO

Do you get the least bit jealous if someone that hunts with or around you kills a big buck that you hunted?-Yes

Have you ever killed a 4.5 old buck or older with a 140 in rack or bigger ?--Yes

Have you ever sabotaged a hunters area ?- No

Have you ever hunted anothers tree stand and not told them?--Never No

Have you ever made up an excuse to not go hunting with hunting partner then go without them?--NO

Do you prefer to hunt alone ?--Yes

Have you ever lied to a hunting buddy about what you saw while hunting a area you both hunt together ?--Yes

Have you ever put a hunting partner in a location that would only benefit your hunt that particular hunt ?--No

Have you ever suspected you were put in a bad spot to help move or not move deer a hunting partner was hunting?--Yes

Have you ever befriended a hunter just to get an invite to his hunting area?--Yes

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
I promised a hard Average hunter thread.So here it is .Please Please play nice If you want a thread to argue on I will open one for you guys .However I think we can get through this Average thread unscaved!!!

I want your feelings your expeiances and mostly you honset answers and opinions! All but 2 questions are yes and no ! So lets go .

Have you hunted any animal on a High fenced Hunt?-

Were you succsesfull?--

What did you kill ?

Do you think H/F hunting should be outlawed?-- NO

Would you H/F your hunting land if you could?-- NO

If you had 1 tag and a badly gut shot deer walked by ,would you use your one tag on it ?-- Probably...I guess...moving on

If the gut shot deer was a small 4 point would you still use your tag on it ?-- Yeah

Have you ever quit tracking a blood trail too soon?- Yes

Have you ever missed a shot on a hunt with freinds or family and told no one?-- Nope

Have you ever wounded a deer or big game animal?- Yes

Have you ever not told a hunting companion you wounded a deer while on a hunt together?-- Nope

Do you get the least bit jealous if someone that hunts with or around you kills a big buck that you hunted?- I guess I do a little- not much but a little...

Have you ever killed a 4.5 old buck or older with a 140 in rack or bigger ?-- No

Have you ever sabotaged a hunters area ? No

Have you ever hunted anothers tree stand and not told them? No

Have you ever made up an excuse to not go hunting with hunting partner then go without them?-- Never

Do you prefer to hunt alone ? -- No but I have one guy I like to hunt with most of the time...dont think I want to be part of a big club

Have you ever lied to a hunting buddy about what you saw while hunting a area you both hunt together ?-- No

Have you ever put a hunting partner in a location that would only benefit your hunt that particular hunt ?-- No

Have you ever suspected you were put in a bad spot while hunting witha partner to help move or not move deer for your partner ? No

Have you ever befriended a hunter just to get an invite to his hunting area?-- I wish I knew someone that had good land to hunt...I might give it a shot!! :wink:

Ok This is enough pain for you guys that will answer these questions honestly .LOL:wink: So here you go some asked for it and some questions here I think will leave a mark!Play nice and have fun!
That wasn't so bad...Ghost

·
Registered
10,204 Posts
Have you hunted any animal on a High fenced Hunt?-No

Were you succsesfull?--

What did you kill ?

Would you H/F your hunting land if you could?-- NO

If you had 1 tag and a badly gut shot deer walked by ,would you use your one tag on it ?-- Yes, I have put down a head shot deer.

If the gut shot deer was a small 4 point would you still use your tag on it ?-- Yes

Have you ever quit tracking a blood trail too soon?- Yes

Have you ever missed a shot on a hunt with freinds or family and told no one?-- No

Have you ever wounded a deer or big game animal?- Yes

Have you ever not told a hunting companion you wounded a deer while on a hunt together?-- No

Do you get the least bit jealous if someone that hunts with or around you kills a big buck that you hunted?- yes, a little

Have you ever killed a 4.5 old buck or older with a 140 in rack or bigger ?-- Yes

Have you ever sabotaged a hunters area ? Yes, when I was much younger

Have you ever hunted anothers tree stand and not told them? Yes, when I was much younger

Have you ever made up an excuse to not go hunting with hunting partner then go without them?-- No

Do you prefer to hunt alone ? -- No but I have one guy I like to hunt with most of the time...dont think I want to be part of a big club

Have you ever lied to a hunting buddy about what you saw while hunting a area you both hunt together ?-- No

Have you ever put a hunting partner in a location that would only benefit your hunt that particular hunt ?-- No

Have you ever suspected you were put in a bad spot while hunting witha partner to help move or not move deer for your partner ? No

Have you ever befriended a hunter just to get an invite to his hunting area?-- No, but i once did for fishing

Ok This is enough pain for you guys that will answer these questions honestly .LOL So here you go some asked for it and some questions here I think will leave a mark!Play nice and have fun!

·
NAASP
14,565 Posts
quiz

Have you hunted any animal on a High fenced Hunt?-no

Were you succsesfull?--

What did you kill ?

Do you think H/F hunting should be outlawed?--Loaded qustion, I say yes in my state
Would you H/F your hunting land if you could?--no

If you had 1 tag and a badly gut shot deer walked by ,would you use your one tag on it ?--loaded again, depends. It very well could be that someone is waiting and tracking said deer.

If the gut shot deer was a small 4 point would you still use your tag on it ?--IF, I determined no one was to recover it, yes I would
Have you ever quit tracking a blood trail too soon?-no

Have you ever missed a shot on a hunt with freinds or family and told no one?--no

Have you ever wounded a deer or big game animal?-yes, but they all died
Have you ever not told a hunting companion you wounded a deer while on a hunt together?--no

Do you get the least bit jealous if someone that hunts with or around you kills a big buck that you hunted?-no

Have you ever killed a 4.5 old buck or older with a 140 in rack or bigger ?--I think so
Have you ever sabotaged a hunters area ?NO

Have you ever hunted anothers tree stand and not told them?NO

Have you ever made up an excuse to not go hunting with hunting partner then go without them?--NO

Do you prefer to hunt alone ?yes

Have you ever lied to a hunting buddy about what you saw while hunting a area you both hunt together ?--no

Have you ever put a hunting partner in a location that would only benefit your hunt that particular hunt ?--no

Have you ever suspected you were put in a bad spot while hunting witha partner to help move or not move deer for your partner ?no

Have you ever befriended a hunter just to get an invite to his hunting area?--NO

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Have you hunted any animal on a High fenced Hunt?-No

Were you succsesfull?--

What did you kill ?

Do you think H/F hunting should be outlawed?--No

Would you H/F your hunting land if you could?--No

If you had 1 tag and a badly gut shot deer walked by ,would you use your one tag on it ?--No

If the gut shot deer was a small 4 point would you still use your tag on it ?--No

Have you ever quit tracking a blood trail too soon?-Yes

Have you ever missed a shot on a hunt with freinds or family and told no one?--Yes

Have you ever not told a hunting companion you wounded a deer while on a hunt together?--No

Do you get the least bit jealous if someone that hunts with or around you kills a big buck that you hunted?-No

Have you ever killed a 4.5 old buck or older with a 140 in rack or bigger ?--Yes

Have you ever sabotaged a hunters area ?No

Have you ever hunted anothers tree stand and not told them?No

Have you ever made up an excuse to not go hunting with hunting partner then go without them?--No

Do you prefer to hunt alone ?Depends on my mood

Have you ever lied to a hunting buddy about what you saw while hunting a area you both hunt together ?--No

Have you ever put a hunting partner in a location that would only benefit your hunt that particular hunt ?--No

Have you ever suspected you were put in a bad spot while hunting witha partner to help move or not move deer for your partner ?N/A

Have you ever befriended a hunter just to get an invite to his hunting area?--No

·
Registered
10,398 Posts
Have you hunted any animal on a High fenced Hunt?-no...but i live near by one.

Were you succsesfull?--

What did you kill ?

Do you think H/F hunting should be outlawed?--yes

Would you H/F your hunting land if you could?--100%..no

If you had 1 tag and a badly gut shot deer walked by ,would you use your one tag on it ?--yes

If the gut shot deer was a small 4 point would you still use your tag on it ?--yes

Have you ever missed a shot on a hunt with freinds or family and told no one?--no

Have you ever wounded a deer or big game animal?-no

Have you ever not told a hunting companion you wounded a deer while on a hunt together?--no

Do you get the least bit jealous if someone that hunts with or around you kills a big buck that you hunted?-no

Have you ever killed a 4.5 old buck or older with a 140 in rack or bigger ?--no,but a 130 ,yes

Have you ever sabotaged a hunters area ?no

Have you ever hunted anothers tree stand and not told them?no

Have you ever made up an excuse to not go hunting with hunting partner then go without them?--yes

Do you prefer to hunt alone ?yes

Have you ever lied to a hunting buddy about what you saw while hunting a area you both hunt together ?--yes

Have you ever put a hunting partner in a location that would only benefit your hunt that particular hunt ?--no

Have you ever suspected you were put in a bad spot while hunting witha partner to help move or not move deer for your partner ?no

Have you ever befriended a hunter just to get an invite to his hunting area?--no

Ok This is enough pain for you guys that will answer these questions honestly .LOL:wink: So here you go some asked for it and some questions here I think will leave a mark!Play nice and have fun![/QUOTE].....ok.

·
Registered
4,974 Posts
Have you hunted any animal on a High fenced Hunt?-no

Were you succsesfull?--

What did you kill ?

Do you think H/F hunting should be outlawed?--NO

If you had 1 tag and a badly gut shot deer walked by ,would you use your one tag on it ?--YES

If the gut shot deer was a small 4 point would you still use your tag on it ?-- Man why did I write this question???

YES!!!! I guess

Have you ever not told a hunting companion you wounded a deer while on a hunt together?--NO

Do you get the least bit jealous if someone that hunts with or around you kills a big buck that you hunted?-n/a

Have you ever killed a 4.5 old buck or older with a 140 in rack or bigger ?--no

Have you ever sabotaged a hunters area ?- No

Have you ever hunted anothers tree stand and not told them?--Never No

Do you prefer to hunt alone ?--Yes

Have you ever lied to a hunting buddy about what you saw while hunting a area you both hunt together ?--n/a

Have you ever suspected you were put in a bad spot to help move or not move deer a hunting partner was hunting?--Yes

Have you ever befriended a hunter just to get an invite to his hunting area?--Yes

·
Registered
2,116 Posts

Have you hunted any animal on a High fenced Hunt?- no

Were you succsesfull?--

What did you kill ?

Do you think H/F hunting should be outlawed?-- no

Would you H/F your hunting land if you could?-- no (except to keep out the dogs)

If you had 1 tag and a badly gut shot deer walked by ,would you use your one tag on it ?-- no (someone else's deer)

If the gut shot deer was a small 4 point would you still use your tag on it ?--no

Have you ever quit tracking a blood trail too soon?- no

Have you ever missed a shot on a hunt with freinds or family and told no one?-- no

Have you ever wounded a deer or big game animal?- yes

Have you ever not told a hunting companion you wounded a deer while on a hunt together?-- no

Do you get the least bit jealous if someone that hunts with or around you kills a big buck that you hunted?- depends on if they are the neighbors or friends.

Have you ever killed a 4.5 old buck or older with a 140 in rack or bigger ?-- yes

Have you ever sabotaged a hunters area ? no

Have you ever hunted anothers tree stand and not told them? no

Have you ever made up an excuse to not go hunting with hunting partner then go without them?-- no

Do you prefer to hunt alone ? no

Have you ever lied to a hunting buddy about what you saw while hunting a area you both hunt together ?-- no

Have you ever put a hunting partner in a location that would only benefit your hunt that particular hunt ?-- no

Have you ever suspected you were put in a bad spot while hunting witha partner to help move or not move deer for your partner ? no

Have you ever befriended a hunter just to get an invite to his hunting area?-- no

:)

·
Registered
645 Posts
Have you hunted any animal on a High fenced Hunt?- no

Were you succsesfull?--

What did you kill ?

Do you think H/F hunting should be outlawed?--no

If you had 1 tag and a badly gut shot deer walked by ,would you use your one tag on it ?--yes

If the gut shot deer was a small 4 point would you still use your tag on it ?--yes

Have you ever wounded a deer or big game animal?-yes

Have you ever killed a 4.5 old buck or older with a 140 in rack or bigger ?--yes

Have you ever sabotaged a hunters area ? no

Have you ever hunted anothers tree stand and not told them? no

Have you ever made up an excuse to not go hunting with hunting partner then go without them?--no

Do you prefer to hunt alone ? yes

Have you ever lied to a hunting buddy about what you saw while hunting a area you both hunt together ?-- no

Have you ever put a hunting partner in a location that would only benefit your hunt that particular hunt ?-- no

Have you ever suspected you were put in a bad spot while hunting witha partner to help move or not move deer for your partner ? no

Have you ever befriended a hunter just to get an invite to his hunting area?--i wish

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
Have you hunted any animal on a High fenced Hunt?- yes

How many times have you hunted them?-- 2 times, one planned for July

Were you succsesfull?-- yes

What did you kill ? Hogs

Would you H/F your hunting land if you could?-- no

If you had 1 tag and a badly gut shot deer walked by ,would you use your one tag on it ?-- Yes

Have you ever quit tracking a blood trail too soon?- no

Have you ever missed a shot on a hunt with freinds or family and told no one?-- no(I always think i will, but when i meet up with them I confess)

Have you ever wounded a deer or big game animal?- yes

Have you ever not told a hunting companion you wounded a deer while on a hunt together?-- No

Do you get the least bit jealous if someone that hunts with or around you kills a big buck that you hunted?- No, we all try our hardest to get each other on deer!

Have you ever killed a 4.5 old buck or older with a 140 in rack or bigger ? yes

Have you ever sabotaged a hunters area ? No

Have you ever hunted anothers tree stand and not told them? No

Have you ever made up an excuse to not go hunting with hunting partner then go without them?-- No

Do you prefer to hunt alone ? No, I like being alone, but having pops or a friend in the woods as well.....just not right near me

Have you ever put a hunting partner in a location that would only benefit your hunt that particular hunt ?-- NO, I try like mad to get my buds on more/better deer than myself

Have you ever suspected you were put in a bad spot while hunting witha partner to help move or not move deer for your partner ? No....but with outfitters I have

Have you ever befriended a hunter just to get an invite to his hunting area?-- No

·
Registered
871 Posts
Have you hunted any animal on a High fenced Hunt?- yes

Did you enjoy your H/F hunt ?--yes

How many times have you hunted them?--1

Were you succsesfull?--yes

What did you kill ?ram

Have you ever quit tracking a blood trail too soon?-maybe

Have you ever missed a shot on a hunt with freinds or family and told no one?--yes

Do you get the least bit jealous if someone that hunts with or around you kills a big buck that you hunted?-not at all

Have you ever killed a 4.5 old buck or older with a 140 in rack or bigger ?--yes

Have you ever made up an excuse to not go hunting with hunting partner then go without them?--no

Do you prefer to hunt alone ?no

Have you ever lied to a hunting buddy about what you saw while hunting a area you both hunt together ?--no

Have you ever befriended a hunter just to get an invite to his hunting area?--no

·
Registered
4,299 Posts
1. Have you hunted HF area? NO

6. Do you think HF hunting should be outlawed? No, to each, his own.

7. Would you HF your hunting land if you could. Don't own any suitable hunting land, although if I did, not a chance.

8. Tag on gut shot deer? Yes, but would make it a point to possibly locate the original shooter before tagging.

9. Tag on gut shot small 4 point. Yes, #8 still applies.

10. Quit tracking too soon. Never

11. Miss shoot and not tell, No, they can usually tell by my cussing.

12. Wounded game Yes

13. Wounded game and not tell. No, make it a point to tell for more help.

14. Jealous of big buck killed by others. If it's a hunting buddy, then No, I'am happy for him. Although someone who just stumbles upon him, not sure if you call it jealous, or disgusted?

15. Killed a 4.5 yr. buck or bigger than 140. Yes

16. Have you ever sabotaged a hunters area. No, but to be honest, if I knew exactly who stole my loc-on a few years ago, I would of, had my suspisions,but just wasn't positive.

17. Hunted anothers stand. No, never even had the urge, I have my own.

18. Excuse not to go with someone, but go No, the guys I hunt with understand where we do not have to lie to each other, we have places we hunt together and places we don't.

19. Prefer to hunt alone. Yes, bowhunting for a buck anyways, any other type of hunting, anyone I know is welcome.

20. Lied to a buddy about what I saw in the same hunting area. No, if we both hunt it, we try to accomodate each other for setups that will be benifical to both, while not taking a chance of skunking the others oppurtunity.

21. Have you ever put a buddy in a spot that would benifit me. No, that would be pretty low. I've done the opposite for a few hunters over the years. After taking a good buck, I let them use my stand if I knew of another good one around.

22. Suspected of being put in a bad place. No, I make up my own mind where I hunt. That's why I'd never go on a fully guided hunt, I like to select my own spot.

23. Befriended hunter for invite. No, not lucky enough to know the hunters with good property that woukld let you hunt anyways.

·
Registered
9,673 Posts
Have you hunted any animal on a High fenced Hunt?- Yes.

Did you enjoy your H/F hunt ?-- Yes.

How many times have you hunted them?-- 1.

Were you succsesfull?-- Yes.

What did you kill ? Kudu, Gemsbok, Impala, Zebra, Blue Wildebeast, Wart Hog, Jakal

Do you think H/F hunting should be outlawed?-- No.

Would you H/F your hunting land if you could?-- No.

If you had 1 tag and a badly gut shot deer walked by ,would you use your one tag on it ?-- Not enough info for me to answer.

If the gut shot deer was a small 4 point would you still use your tag on it ?-- See above.

Have you ever quit tracking a blood trail too soon?- Yes, I didn't find the deer...so I quit too soon.

Have you ever missed a shot on a hunt with freinds or family and told no one?-- No.

Have you ever wounded a deer or big game animal?- Yes.

Have you ever not told a hunting companion you wounded a deer while on a hunt together?-- No.

Do you get the least bit jealous if someone that hunts with or around you kills a big buck that you hunted?- No.

Have you ever killed a 4.5 old buck or older with a 140 in rack or bigger ?-- Yes.

Have you ever sabotaged a hunters area ? No.

Have you ever hunted anothers tree stand and not told them? No.

Have you ever made up an excuse to not go hunting with hunting partner then go without them?-- No.

Do you prefer to hunt alone ? Yes.

Have you ever lied to a hunting buddy about what you saw while hunting a area you both hunt together ?-- No.

Have you ever put a hunting partner in a location that would only benefit your hunt that particular hunt ?-- No.

Have you ever suspected you were put in a bad spot while hunting witha partner to help move or not move deer for your partner ? Yes.

Have you ever befriended a hunter just to get an invite to his hunting area?-- No.

·
Registered
10,398 Posts
If this aint a loaded ethics question to set a guy up to get punched in the junk.
I've been punched in the junk before...but i'm honest.:wink:no one should get mad at another just because they veiw something different.

·
Get Out
1,046 Posts
Have you hunted any animal on a High fenced Hunt?- yes, state quota hunt

Did you enjoy your H/F hunt ?--yes

How many times have you hunted them?--twice

Were you succsesfull?--no

What did you kill ?

If you had 1 tag and a badly gut shot deer walked by ,would you use your one tag on it ?--no, but I would kill it anyway

If the gut shot deer was a small 4 point would you still use your tag on it ?--no, but I would kill it anyway

Have you ever missed a shot on a hunt with freinds or family and told no one?--yes

Do you prefer to hunt alone ?no

Have you ever befriended a hunter just to get an invite to his hunting area?--
LOL - yes

·
Registered
258 Posts
1.no
2.---
3.---
4.---
5.---
6.no
7.no
8.YES if doe tag,NO if buck tag
9.no
10.no
11.no
12.yes
13.no
14.yes
15.no
16.no
17.no
18.no
19.sometimes
20.no
21.no
22.no
23.no

·
Registered
10,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
If this aint a loaded ethics question to set a guy up to get punched in the junk.
Nope it is just like my other Average questions its to help others to see the differances as well as the simularities! There is no hidden agenda here!:)

1 - 20 of 53 Posts