Archery Talk Forum banner

Arizona E-Z Fletch ... proof?

11K views 20 replies 18 participants last post by  LXhuntinPA 
#1 ·
The graphic on the home page of https://www.ezfletch.com/ and the write up at https://www.ezfletch.com/why-true-helical/ make some strong promises.

Most interesting to me are the "flatter trajectory" (6 inches less drop at 100 yards) and tighter groupings.

But in searching for independent verification, I'm striking out. So I bring my question here: Does anyone have any experience with this jig? Are they better? Any concerns?

#2 ·
I don't know about any of that... but my EZ Fletch has fletched dozens of arrows without issue. Applies a nice helical fletch to 2" blazer vanes on carbon arrows. Have always gotten good groups from my arrows, but have done nothing to verify those claims. I've bungled a couple fletch jobs but that wasn't the jigs fault.

If you want a low-fuss jig that's extremely easy to use i can't recommend the EZ fletch enough.

#3 ·
I am not hating on the ezfletch as it has its place. However the claim of flatter trajectory is crap. If anything the increased helical will cause more drag and slower speeds at longer distance.
That aside the ezfletch does put an a very strong helical on the arrow. While it's not a precise as some other jigs it's simple and works

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

#5 ·
I would say if they are referencing thier jigs other than the mini, and using the straight fletch, then maybe, but the mini has agressive helical that will slow an arrow down. I say this claim does not make sense.

#6 ·
Eh.... I love the EZ Fletch and have 4 of the things. Sold my Bitz after using an EZ for awhile. Given all that, I think their claims about increased trajectory are bogus. Besides... 6" at 100 yards = approx 3" at 50 yards and 1.5" at 25 yards. Big deal. Unless you're shooting chipmunks.

#7 ·
1) Tighter groups at 100 yards.
As a general rule, compound archery competitions at 50 meters and greater are won with relatively small offset angles and relatively low spin rates.

2) Better broadhead flight.
It is not true that helical will always be more accurate with broadheads than offset. There are a great number of variables that affect that. Within typical hunting distance, having too much spin rate is better than not having enough, but a reasonable degree of offset will produce just as much broadhead accuracy as helical (assuming bow is tuned within reason)

3) Flatter trajectory.
YES in theory, NO in practice. "IF" the leading edge and the trailing edge of the fletch are offset exactly the same amount, helical would have less drag than straight offset. But nobody fletches helical like that, (including the AAE illustration). Helical is almost always fletched more aggressive than offset, which will produce higher spin rate and higher drag, resulting in a less flat trajectory compared to typical offset angles.

4) Quiter arrow Flight
Same as above. Theoretically true, not true in practice because helical is typically more aggressive than offset and more drag is going to produce more noise, all else being equal.

Spin rate:
Same as above. If the leading edge of the fletch and the trailing edge were offset the same amount, there would be a minimal different in spin rate between Helical and Offset. But nobody fletches that way, Helical almost always has a greater angle between the leading and trailing edge of the fletch than offset, thus more spin.

#15 ·
I've done hundreds of arrows with my EZ Fletch.... It works. I can't say that their claims are true or bogus but I will say that my arrows are just as good as factory fletched arrows. (I don't use the offset or helical)

#20 ·
If you spend the time to figure out the tricks to using the Mini I can't imagine that one needs a level of precision beyond what it offers.

Versatile it is not, however. But putting on Blazers with a helical it does as well as anything if used wisely.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

#19 ·
Switched from an ez fletch to a bohning tower jig. I prefer the tower jig since it's a free standing unit. The ez fletch goes on travel with me when hunting. I've fletched dozens of arrows and never had an issue with it. They're very simple to use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.