Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let me get this right if i start applying for a elk tag for Arizona that might take me 20 years to get or more. I have to pay $151.25 every year just to build points pretty much. With no refund even if i dont get the tag. If I did get the tag thats another $560 or so. Is that right or am I confused?

This is the first time I thought about hunting out of state but the wife sure wont be happy about that.
Any one else puting in for that state wana confirm that for me thanks..

·
Registered
20,088 Posts
torreyhunter said:
Let me get this right if i start applying for a elk tag for Arizona that might take me 20 years to get or more. I have to pay $151.25 every year just to build points pretty much. With no refund even if i dont get the tag. If I did get the tag thats another $560 or so. Is that right or am I confused?

This is the first time I thought about hunting out of state but the wife sure wont be happy about that.
Any one else puting in for that state wana confirm that for me thanks..
Yes, you are correct, but the same goes for resident hunters. We also have to purchase the non-refundable hunting license fee if we don't already have one prior to the drawing. It does not matter what you are putting in for, you either have to have your license prior to the drawing or you have pay for it when appling for any big game permit. The only difference is the fees are not as high for resident as it is for a non-residence. If you just want to hunt elk here and are just after meat you can put in for a cow permit, it is almost a given that you would get drawn for a cow (depending on the area). I hope this cleared things up a little for you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts