Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to Arizona and am looking for places to hunt. I live in Tucson and am looking for areas within 2 hours or so around. If anyone wouldnt mind sharing there spots with me or the basic area where they hunt that would be awesome.

·
elecshoc
683 Posts
First of all welcome to Arizona.

Not sure where you've moved from, but there is pretty much public land within 30 minutes from town in pretty much any direction. I know its a little vague, but the hunting opps are pretty much up to you and where you would like to go.

First things first I suggest checking out the az game and fish hunting unit reports. They have some nice write ups with suggestions on where hunters can start out in specific units.

Here's the link to the page.
http://www.azgfd.gov/h_f/hunting_units_tucson.shtml

As far as where I hunt, well I go to 34a a lot of the time. I spend most of my time in the northern part with some time in the eastern part of the unit.

If you need anymore help just post again or you could PM also, good luck, be safe and have a good time.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Every bit I can get only helps. Thank you! The past few days ive been walking the Tucson mountains and have found a few deer there but the only problem is there on the next mountain over and cant seem to get to them before they disappear. I was also told of a spot in 36b I will have to check them both out. Just curious but have you ever had any problems with illegal’s?

·
elecshoc
683 Posts
Not since I've been out. I've seen abandoned camps and packs around here and there, but have had nothing major happen while I was out. Where I spend most of my time I only see sign really.

From most reports they usually keep to themselves, they're trying to stay away from anyone they see. The smugglers are the people you need to watch out for, but they tend to do the same.

As for spots I've seen bucks pretty much all around the unit. Mulies in the low parts and coues higher up.

The rut should be starting up soon, I've heard the mulies are showing a little activity. Hopefully the coues are right behind them.

I'll be going out in jan for sure, so let me know how your doing. I would say your doing ok since your seeing deer. Most first timers in the state usually have a hard time just seeing deer. Keep going and you'll see on bed down and give you a good chance at a stalk.

Keep it up, you going to get there.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
was out in 36c today and saw whitetails and mulies pushing does.Its on boy and girls get out there and wackem. I saw a mulie has to be 7 or 8 yrs old a real brusier dark massive huge 4point on right side and just a main beem on the left it droped down to the jaw line and then straight up and looked like a crab claw on the end. truely a buck of a lifetime huge neck and roman nose. i cant hunt till the 1st i hope i can find him again. if anyone here on AT kills him please post pics and shoot me a PM.

·
Banned
27 Posts
OTC Archery Deer hunt for 4A/B begins January 1st -15th. This hunt is for any antlered deer. I am looking for a hunting partner to join me on 1/2/10, 1/4/10, 1/9/10, 1/11-1/12/10. I know the schedule is odd, but its the only time I have to work around my and my wifes work schedule.
I live in Pinedale directly outside of my hunting area so getting to any location within the specified area will be no problem to meet or hunt. I have a quad so we can get to any hunting location on wheels or foot, either does not matter to me.

Diss

·
Registered
186 Posts
hunting areas etc.

real hunter-

Have lived in az a couple of years ...Tucson area... I have a couple spots if you want to message me that would be ok. I hunt the tucson mountains sometimes. Kinda looking for a solid hunting partner. I have a couple guys that i hunt with and have shared info that way and found spots.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
The best AZ deer forum around www.coueswhitetail.com
Give it a try if you have not been there. Some great guys. There not going to tell you there spots are but the best site to learn about AZ deer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts