Archery Talk Forum banner

Arm for camera??

464 Views 8 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  ohio deer
I am looking to purchase an arm to attach to the tree to put my video camera on to film hunts. Anybody know what ones are good/bad so I can get in the right direction? I really don't want to spen too much on one.
I was looking at the one Cabelas has made by Pine Ridge for $39.99 anyone have any experiance with it?:confused:

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
1,181 Posts
for camera arms and really any videography equipment in general you get what you pay for. I've seen some arms out there for $100 and still are junk. anything less than that is really just garbage. Althought a decent buy for the money is the lone wolf arm. it's sturdy enough for something small and although it doesn't have a great head it's not as terrible as some. plus you could upgrade heads later. match a manfrotto with the lonewolf arm and for $200 you would have a very decent setup.

· Registered
756 Posts
Try the Muddy outdoors arm..............not too expensive and a really well built adjustable set up.

I used to use a Pine ridge when I first started videoing............if you have anything bigger than a tiny consumer camera it will not work very well.........matter of fact even with a small camera it won't work well:rolleyes:

· Registered
115 Posts
I have the Pine Ridge Arm and so does a buddy of mine. We made some modifications and they work well for us. First we added two extra arm sections. One is really short and attaches to the tree mount. This mod gives us better range to go around trees and such. The second thing we did was we had a person make us metal mounts for the trees. We now have a bunch and can leave them attached to the trees we hunt out of most. My plastic mount sucked. The last mod we made was to camo up the arms as best as we could.

· Registered
11,423 Posts
Try the Muddy outdoors arm..............not too expensive and a really well built adjustable set up.

I used to use a Pine ridge when I first started videoing............if you have anything bigger than a tiny consumer camera it will not work very well.........matter of fact even with a small camera it won't work well:rolleyes:
How much is the not too expensive Muddy arm? The arm Antlerhog makes is as sturdy as you will buy period. And they are affordable,180.00 i think.

· Registered
756 Posts
You can buy the Muddy arm in brown for $199 plus $9 shipping..........Best bang for the buck in my opinion, and I have used more expensive arms that were not as user or tree friendly, I can tip the mount on my Muddy arm to about 40 degrees (with one of the bark biters completely off the tree) and tighten it down and level it up in less than 1 minute and be ready to video........My last camera arm would have taken about 5 mins to adjust to level in that situation and would never have supported the weight of my loaded camera at full extension left or right. The only other arm I would say is better is the Rock Steady which is 3x's the price and a little heavier to pack in.

I would pay the extra 20 bucks or whatever , just to have the adjustablility of the Muddy arm.
Check it out
http://www.muddyoutdoors.com

BTW I am not part of Muddy outdoors nor do I get paid for promoting them, I just like to share info on good products when I can:wink:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.