Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
32,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reading the new Bow & Arrow mag last night and someone put a hint in the mag about using Armorall, lightly sprayed on the vanes of your arrows if you use the Whisker Bisquit. He says it makes the arrow vanes slicker, thus picking up from 3 to 6 fps, plus it plays a big part in preserving the vanes going thru the WB. Has no odor when dry. Might be a thing to try!

·
Registered
13,868 Posts
Believe it or not

I tried it last week and it works...I picked up 6-FPS...However it stinks and wears off after about 4 shots...

I can just see it now...Sight in your bow with Amour All and shoot low when that big bull walks out...

I guess you could always use it as a cover scent of some sort... :confused:

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
How long does it stay on the arrow?? And how often do you have to re-apply??? :eek:

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
What about applying the Armorall directly to the WB???

Darrel

·
32,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All the guy said was apply it to the vanes. If it works and your speed increases then I think it's OK to do. He said the smell goes after a few minutes.

·
Registered
13,868 Posts
Rem

We cant smell it, the deer can

It goes away after about four shots...Read my post above...After 4 through the chrono, it slowed right back down...

·
Registered
14,403 Posts
With Blazers I didn't even lose 1 fps when I switched from a drop away, so for me there wouldn't be any need to use it.

·
Relocated Cajun
10,981 Posts
First person i now know that switched from a drop away to a pain in the ***, i mean whisker biscuit
I be number two :teeth: ...shot for the first time at 30 yards today since Feb....almost messed up a couple UL 500's :mad: Had to shoot groups since I was using an inaccurate rest like the biscuit and a timberline No-Peep. :wink: :wink: :wink: Nice to know I can go back to shooting seperate dots :star:

Guy I was shooting with took the biscuit off his wife's bow to use :tongue:

Blazer vanes are pretty sweet too....... :angel:

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
Yeah,, the Whisker Biscuit is an accurate rest in every way but it just doesn't fit my bow good.

I can't shoot cock vane up or my right vane hits my cables.

I can't shoot cock vane down or my vane is in the black portion and hits the mounting bracket.

I can't shoot cock vane left because my bottom vane hits the mounting bracket as well as being in the black portion.

Drop-Away,, here I come:)

·
32,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Jose Boudreaux said:
I be number two :teeth: ...shot for the first time at 30 yards today since Feb....almost messed up a couple UL 500's :mad: Had to shoot groups since I was using an inaccurate rest like the biscuit and a timberline No-Peep. :wink: :wink: :wink: Nice to know I can go back to shooting seperate dots :star:

Guy I was shooting with took the biscuit off his wife's bow to use :tongue:

Blazer vanes are pretty sweet too....... :angel:
I agree on the accuracy of the Biscuit but one thing that I didn't ponder when getting one was the time factor that the arrow stays in contact with the rest and the bow. If you don't use good release form by following thru correctly, the Biscuit can become quite inaccurate. You must follow thru completely and thats where the fall-a-ways have the advantage. They get out of the way so fast that any movement by your bow hand, like I do to see how pretty the shot is, exacerbates the error at the target.

·
Relocated Cajun
10,981 Posts
rembrandt said:
I agree on the accuracy of the Biscuit but one thing that I didn't ponder when getting one was the time factor that the arrow stays in contact with the rest and the bow. If you don't use good release form by following thru correctly, the Biscuit can become quite inaccurate. You must follow thru completely and thats where the fall-a-ways have the advantage. They get out of the way so fast that any movement by your bow hand, like I do to see how pretty the shot is, exacerbates the error at the target.
rembrandt...check out the picture on this thread...see where the string is compared to the rest.....arrow stays on alot longer than I thought

linkola to threadola

·
Registered
48 Posts
i had two drop aways, the trophy ridge drop zone, and the Nap Quiktune, both were awesome, and on the money. However i like to keep it simple (when in the woods) i bought a WB with the quick shot and i love it. its dead nuts and simple, can't go wrong. it's the only rest that allowed me to robin hood an arrow, and put my arrows right where i want to everytime. i recommend it to any serious hunter, for the accuracy.

·
32,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Jose Boudreaux said:
rembrandt...check out the picture on this thread...see where the string is compared to the rest.....arrow stays on alot longer than I thought

linkola to threadola
That is interesting. Follow thru is important regardless of the rest. Nock contact will effect the release just as much as a WB would with poor follow thru form. Thats good to know.

·
Registered
5,341 Posts
rembrandt said:
I was reading the new Bow & Arrow mag last night and someone put a hint in the mag about using Armorall, lightly sprayed on the vanes of your arrows if you use the Whisker Bisquit. He says it makes the arrow vanes slicker, thus picking up from 3 to 6 fps, plus it plays a big part in preserving the vanes going thru the WB. Has no odor when dry. Might be a thing to try!
I don't know how that is possible, I only lose <2 fps through the Biscuit that would give me a gain over a TM Hunter or a Dropaway can't happen. I also have no wear on my vanes (use good ones).

I have found that waxing or spraying the arrow shaft with silicone does make camo arrows more quiet thriugh the biscuit.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Buckmaster7117 said:
First person i now know that switched from a drop away to a pain in the ***, i mean whisker biscuit.
Count me in as well, Trophy Taker Shaky Hunter to WB2. Lost 1 FPS, still shoot TT on 3-D bow. Just got tired of losing arrows off the shelf over the years. I used the WB with my kids for safety issues with broadheads, and gave it try myself. Shootin bullet holes.

·
Registered
6,854 Posts
I use both. Drop away for 3-D and WB for hunting. No problems with Blazer vanes.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts