Archery Talk Forum banner

Arrow Affliction

3655 Views 54 Replies 38 Participants Last post by  HEARTBUSTER
Anybody ever watch this show?

Chris Brackett kicks butt!! :darkbeer:
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

· Registered
842 Posts
saw one episode and didnt care for it much- seemed like I watched 15 mins of him slinging arrows at clay birds and 5 mins of him slinging arrows at pheasants. Too much filler in the show for my liking and although I didnt mind the music at first by the end it got on my nerves- its not that I dont like that kind of music just not with my hunting shows.

· Registered
1,592 Posts
chris brackett is one lucky sob. i know him personally. nothing special guys, just at the right place at the right time. nice guy though.

· Registered
754 Posts
Show

I wasn't too impressed with the show......although he did some good shooting, seems like he missed a ton too. Does make me want to get some flu flu fletchings and a ton of arrows and a low poundage bow and start slinging arrows at everything around though.

I would have had alot more respect for the shot pheasants if they weren't pen raised birds. Its a whole different ballgame hunting the wild ones. I am almost dead positive they were pen raised, he almost had to kick a couple to get them to fly.

The music got old.

I guess, proves if you have enough drive to shoot a bow you can get good though. He was doing pretty good shooting the clay pigeons. I agree, there needed to be more substance to the show. Do trick shots sent in by fans, show you shooting some pheasants, show how to fletch a flu flu...something.

· Registered
2,712 Posts
I caught this show for the first time this past weekend. I didnt really care for it. The music and attitude were way over the top. Made me think of a bunch of high school kids just goofing off with a bow and a video camera. I must admit that when he started busting clays it was kind of neat, but when you shoot 10000 arrows at something your bound to hit it atleast once.

· Registered
754 Posts
I caught this show for the first time this past weekend. I didnt really care for it. The music and attitude were way over the top. Made me think of a bunch of high school kids just goofing off with a bow and a video camera. I must admit that when he started busting clays it was kind of neat, but when you shoot 10000 arrows at something your bound to hit it atleast once.
Thats kinda what I thought, you spend enough time shooting your bow at something you are going to hit it eventually, so spend 3 hours shooting your bow on film and get 10 hits, edit it down, tada TV SHOW!

· Registered
1,722 Posts
Brackett

arrow affliction is an awesome show. I think I like it so much because it is so different than everything else out there. Isn't anyone else tired of the same old show, for the first 15 minutes you get to see the host talking and sitting in a stand, and then the last 2 minutes of the show you get to see the kill shot. Most of the shows are filmed in private land hunts with fenced in animals. Arrow affliction is about having fun shooting your bow and bowhunting extreme. This guy is out there bowhunting ducks, shooting at butterflies, and shooting clays. Yes, he did shoot a bunch of arrows but that is what it is all about. BTW, to all the people saying he broke some clays because he shot aton of arrows, HE SHOT 15 CLAYS IN A ROW. That is awesome!!!

The Best Archery Show on TV!!!!

· Registered
1,074 Posts
agree

I watched it and decided that he needs more actual hunting in it for me, but it was better than watching many other shows out there.

· Registered
1,722 Posts
Not everyone likes the same old country music when watching hunting shows. The music, imo, adds to the show in that, he is firing arrows at everything and it is like an adrenaline rush.

Sorry its not for everyone but I think that this show is one of the best!!

· Registered
1,074 Posts
show

the music wasn't too bad. I would have to say that I am on the fence. I'll have to watch a few more episodes to make my decision

· Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I really like the fact that he brings out the rock n roll/crazy side of the sport us young guys feel. I think we need more shows like that to draw a new crowd to the outdoors. My cousin and I have been working on something like that for about a year now. Todays typical hunting shows don't really appeal to most of todays youth. Trust me I have friends that laugh at hunting shows. I think Brackett will do well.

· Registered
9 Posts
first off the last show was absolutely ridiculous, this guy is horrible, apparently the idea of the show was to see how stupid you can act for 20mins and hunt for 5mins. I have seen this guy and heard things about this guy. The last show he shot a turtle which is illegal (how does that get on the air) and do you think he will get in trouble, probably not, would we if we were caught...yep and we wouldnt have it on national TV. I have known people that have been bowfishing with him and were very unhappy with his arrogance not to mention he was almost 2 hrs late. Mind you these were things that are hearsay around here in fulton county but I hear even one of the pheasants was thrown up by someone hidding in the weeds, I heard about many shady things this guy has done around here. The last time I was at the proshop in Bartonville his girlfriend was shooting her bow (who I might add looks darn good in an indian outfit which was the only good thing about the last show) he was treating her horribly. The people in the archery line could not help but notice that he was being very mean to her. It is funny when you go to Gander Mountain and Presley's (proshop in Bartonville) and hear how so many people can't stand this dude. Anyway sorry for the long post I usually just get on here to read the posts but seein this guys name has prompted me to finally get a membership and post.

· Registered
78 Posts
Not everyone likes the same old country music when watching hunting shows. The music, imo, adds to the show in that, he is firing arrows at everything and it is like an adrenaline rush.

Sorry its not for everyone but I think that this show is one of the best!!
very true. 1. dude can shoot 2. he's havin fun 3. you don't have to like country music to hunt in it

· Registered
1,447 Posts
It is Illegal in Illinois to shoot turtles and If you want to really know what kind of a guy he is ask the locals around here :zip:

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.