Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Okay either I am speaking a foreign language or nobody has an opinion. When I look at the TAP program and try to set my xcutters, the program tells me to shoot them at full length 32" and to put 300 grains in the front. My draw is 273/4 and I am shooting the Mathews Icon at 55lbs. This seems a little overboard for me when I see guys on here shooting less point weight with similar draw lengths.

· Registered
1,765 Posts
I don't think we understand, I know I don't. :confused: Are you asking about shooting bare shafts for tunning or about piont weight and shaft length for a given setup?

If you want to know about piont weight, I'm shooting the HEAVY X-Cutters with 140 gr. bullet points at 28.5". I also use a G-nock bushing for a 2413 and a g-nock so that will make my total length about 29 1/4" and I shoot at 52 lbs. From the input I have seen here I don't think spine matching is as important with carbon shafts as it is with aluminum shafts. Alot of shooters are shooting large carbon shafts that are very stiff compared to the recomended spine.

I hope this was what you were looking for,

Darrel

· X's R Us
3,458 Posts
Indoors nope outdoors yep. Since no sence checking if a 26" 2613 with 250grain point is spined right. Coming out of a 45lb bow.

· Registered
5,455 Posts
I bare shaft/group tune, (2 bare and 4 fletched) starting at 10 and working back to 50....when they all have the same POI and the same tail angle in the target then I know my nock point and center shot are dialed in for the arrows.

If the nock end of the bare shaft is hitting tail high....move your nock point down, and vice versa......same thing with center shot.....tail left, move rest left, and vice versa.

Confused yet? I am.LOL :p

I have never tried it with really stiff arrows, but marginally stiff will work fine....marginally soft wont......especially shooting fingers. :eek:

Have fun....Hollowpoint.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.