Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I could really use some help from you experts out there.... Setting up my bow for 3D's

I have a 04 Hoyt UltraTec(set at 55# for my 28.5 inch DL) and I would like to build up an arrow at 280 grains. I'm using 28.5 inch CX 3D 200 Select Arrows(208 grains cut to length) with Easton UNI Bushings and G Nocks. I was using a glue in Easton CB Point that I think was at 80 grains. Can I use PDP EZ Pull Points properly weighted (around 60 grains) to get me to the 280 grains? Or will that not give me the proper weight at the tip? What is the rule of thumb for determining the weight of the point?

Thanks,

Craig

·
Registered
3,499 Posts
Craig,
Very likely that you won't be able to get that light with those shafts. If my source for shaft weights is correct anyway. Cx 3-D Selects are shown as being 7.3 GPI in the 200 spine size.
You basicly need to calculate all the components to get an accurate idea.
The shafts alone are 7.3 gpi = 208grains @ 28.5"
inserts are 11 grains
CB Unibushings are 7 grains
G-nocks are 7 grains
Blazer vanes 5 grains each, or the average 4" vane weighs about 8 grains each.......15 grains minimum here.
Total overall weight without tip is 248 grains if you use Blazer vanes.
The only shaft I know of that will get you that light is the Carbon Tech Cheetah.(you are right on the border from using the 45/70 or the 35/60). You could cut 35 grains from that by using the 35/60, or cut 26 grains with a 45/70.
Total weight with a 45/70 would be 221 grains before tip. With this shaft, the dersired weight is acheivable.
PDP manufactures a tip that is 5/16" diameter that is made in the 55 grain size. They are the Converta Target Points.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts