Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been applying vanes on my own arrows for quite some time now; however, as I began to learn more about the process of building an arrow, I realized there is so much more to it than just gluing on vanes. With that being said, I've been looking into getting more involved in personal arrow building, to include cutting, weighing, spine indexing, wrapping, etc. and would like any advice anyone can pass on regarding doing it the right way.

I currently have a Bitzenburger Jig, with a straight clamp, but have been looking into the additional tools I would need or should work on purchasing to really maximize my efforts. Any advice on what I should look into purchasing and any recommendations on the best quality items to consider?

I figure I would need a scale, an arrow inspector, and eventually an arrow saw and arrow spine tester. I've seen a variety of scales for around $20-40 but always get scared off from reviews that state they are inaccurate or don't last very long.

Also, any resources to refer to would be appreciated as well. Thanks!

·
Kung fu master/Wizard
2,730 Posts
Here's a link to a YouTube video I made recently. The second half of the video is a very detailed step by step tutorial of how I build my arrows. Please like and subscribe. Enjoy.

https://youtu.be/cRs16VR-BTI

1 - 4 of 4 Posts