Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got questions guru's! So I had the dangerous games 300 spine running with my huracon 32" draw. They felt great! Now ive been advised to get a stiffer spine many times and wound up with carbon injexions 280. They feel good but i keep thinking about the d games and how much i liked them. Maybe I like the thicker diameter, maybe they were quieter or maybe im trippin.

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Arrowtech ak200. Gt kinetic 200 both heavy. The at is more standardized diameter full Carbon about 15gpi iirc. Not sure on shaft length though. If you can shoot 30” should be good.

·
Registered
51,121 Posts
So if you didn't have any problems shooting what you had then why change? You don't fix what ain't broke.

·
Registered
9,887 Posts
A 280 is only going to let you shoot @2-3 pounds more than as 300 with the same point and length. Since you have a 32 inch draw and are shooting a really powerful arrow now, why not just turn your bow down until it's properly tuned? I am shooting a 31" draw at 55 pounds and shooting a 425 grain arrow at @280. goes right thru everything including the garage and 3rd hand bags LOL!

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A 280 is only going to let you shoot @2-3 pounds more than as 300 with the same point and length. Since you have a 32 inch draw and are shooting a really powerful arrow now, why not just turn your bow down until it's properly tuned? I am shooting a 31" draw at 55 pounds and shooting a 425 grain arrow at @280. goes right thru everything including the garage and 3rd hand bags LOL!
Lol I have put one through the wall already! I have it tuned down to 60/65ish which is as low as my limbs go and thats my numbers. The limbs crank up to 75 but I tore up my forarm on a string jerk. Funny, I always thought I would pull muscle from just pulling the string but it really happened when I was testing the boundaries of the Valley. Which I love now btw. I had an opportunity to send easton my dozen dgames and they offered to send me the injexions. I agreed happily, but once I set up the injexions and started shooting I felt like I was missing something. Oh well, I will need new arrows one day soon!;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts