Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a Trophy Ridge Nitro Extreme 5 pin sight. I installed it on a Darton Avalanche bow with a Diamondback drop away rest. I am also using a string peep. I set my first pin (20 yards) and immediately ran into trouble. The arrow comes too close to the bottom of the sight when released. It could nick the sight. I have the pin and all the sight hardware as high as they will go. Should I raise the peep? Or lower the height at which the drop away rest lifts the arrow at full draw or both? What could I do?

Registered
Should I raise the peep? Or lower the height at which the drop away rest lifts the arrow at full draw or both? What could I do?
yep, first set rest so arrow when level is close to burger hole, then set peep sight up about 5 inches from knocking point. then draw and come to anchor and tweak peep site. this should get you to where the arrow ain't goin hit the sight when ya shoot. you more than likely will have to get used to a new anchor position though. good luck.

Registered
Bees said:
yep, first set rest so arrow when level is close to burger hole, then set peep sight up about 5 inches from knocking point. then draw and come to anchor and tweak peep site. this should get you to where the arrow ain't goin hit the sight when ya shoot. you more than likely will have to get used to a new anchor position though. good luck.
Ditto, good direction Bees.

Registered
not sure

on these sights but couldn't he also flip the bracket tha mounts to the riser over? this might give him the added 1/2" he need. i had to do that with my Twilight hunter. now i have plenty of room to spare. Just another option if it can be done. like i said i don't know if this is applicable with this sight.

speed

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks very much for your response. I appreciate the advice. I thought I was on to something just wanted some confirmation. What did you mean by "burger hole"?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts