Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys.

I'm a somewhat experienced recurve target archery shooter(I've been shooting for 1 year already), and I'm currently looking for new carbon arrows, but i don't really know what shaft specifications to get. I'd like to ask you guys on what specs (I'm thinking of buying easton x10s) to get.

Here are sone info that might be useful:

Current Riser: Samick 22" Handle Riser
Current Limbs: Samick Progress II 30 lbs Limbs
Bow String: Dacron, 68"

Current Arrows: Easton 16/16 Platinum Plus Arrows
Arrow Length: 28"
Clicking length: Clicker tip 1" from the front of the arrow rest.

Some of my friends suggested that I get those with 720 spine size(correct me if i'm wrong) and the same length with my platinums.

My bow's pretty old, I guess. Its been around for 10+ years, and I won't be getting any upgrades on it soon, since I'm financially incapable of buying another bow. Sucks for me, oh well.

So, what do you guys think?

·
Registered
38,292 Posts
How good are you? Do you need Olympic level arrows (X10s) for your set up? If you are financially incapable of getting another bow then X-10's sound wrong for you. Perhaps ACCs? Or Redlines? What do you want from the arrow? Is there specific distance you need to make? Like 70, 80 or 90 meters?

·
Registered
882 Posts
i would look at carbon impact ultra fasts. there cheap and they are great arrows, they served me well b4 i switched to ACEs and X-10s. there also tougher than nails, that is my sugestion

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I agree with the cost factor. The Redlines are a top arrow and the lightest (besides the Mckinneys) around, so out of your 30lb bow you should have no problems getting any to of the distances.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@warbow

I can shoot quite good groupings at 30 meters and so-so at 50 meters, but at any higher distances and my arrows just go anywhere.

Yeah, I guess you're right. A set of x10s will burn a hole in my pocket.

I'm playing for my college (University of the Philippines), so I need to get better, if not the best, arrows before the playing season starts.

@Xcreekarchery1

Where can I get those, and what brand?

Pardon for being a noob with these, the only arrows I've seen in the Philippines are mostly from easton. Its a pain in the *ss to look for arrows here, since there's hardly any proshops here for archery.

Thanks for the input guys.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I agree with the cost factor. The Redlines are a top arrow and the lightest (besides the Mckinneys) around, so out of your 30lb bow you should have no problems getting any to of the distances.
Yup - I agree. You can't beat the price of Redlines. You'll also get better distance from carbon arrows instead of aluminums. I shoot Redline 1000 with my 30# bow and have no problem making 70m (I'm not good, but I can get there). I'm just glad I don't have to reach 90m - don't know if I could or not.
Good luck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I see.

Any suggestions as to what spine range I should get and what tip weight?

I really have no idea about carbon arrows. lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts