Archery Talk Forum banner

Arrow Crester?

2093 12
Anybody ever make an arrow crester? If so post up a pic of it. I want to build one but not sure what to use for the motor?
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
3,729 Posts
I have built one out of a roticery from out of my parents grill works great but it is a little slow moving but it does work

· Hoyt Nation Life Member
15,100 Posts
If you wanna go all out !!!!

That motor was $55.00, the couplers are 1/4" drilled out to the shaft diameter.(several for several sized shafts) Bed if from a flooring store that sells "REAL" hardwood floors. They come all straight and planed, that one is OAK. Legs are from a hobby store. Rails are just decorative trim. Foam has a hole down the center for the shaft to sit in. Variable speed switch, that thing will turn some serious RPM. (you would never spin a shaft that fast) (I have bragging rights though)
All said and done, about a hundred bucks. (Have Fun)

· Hoyt Nation Life Member
15,100 Posts
At slow speeds it doesn't move at all. It is soft foam like whats inside a bow case. Just wedge it between the rails. I set the foam inside the rails and installed a drill bit in one of the couplers and instantly it became a horizontal boring machine, Slide the foam into the bit and presto....perfectly centered hole.

· Registered
1,239 Posts
At slow speeds it doesn't move at all. It is soft foam like whats inside a bow case. Just wedge it between the rails. I set the foam inside the rails and installed a drill bit in one of the couplers and instantly it became a horizontal boring machine, Slide the foam into the bit and presto....perfectly centered hole.
Cool, thanks for answering. I might have to build one of these. Looks great!:thumbs_up

-T

· Registered
278 Posts
I went to wal mart and bought an electric can opener for about $6. If you take the toothed gear that turns the can off it is standard 1/4 thread that holds it on. made up something to hold the arrow out of an alltread coupler and a pvc plug. Works pretty good. Does have a little wobble but that may be my setup. Runs at a good speed though. Just throwing out an idea.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.