Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Arrow Cutting
Okay, I am getting ready to assemble my hunting arrows. I just want to make sure I have all questions figured out before I leave to go do it. So I mark my shafts and cut them. After I cut them to the desired legnth, do I need to do anything to the cut end besides clean up some of the burs..? After this I glue in the insert. Then I use my bitzenburger Jig to get my fletches on with loctite or gorilla impact.

Any thing I am missing or some tips etc... I have to leave the computer and go down the road to the shop to start, so I just want to make sure I can make some.

Thanks!!

Clark

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
I would highly suggest squaring up the ends with either a G5 asd tool, or a lumenock FAST tool. This will ensure your BH's spin true.

if you dont have one spin the arrow as you cut you get it as square as possible.

Also taking cuts from both ends of the arrow to achieve desired length is better, as it improves overall straightness of your arrows.

Good luck. Also I am using the locktite control gel in the blue and black bottle for fletching and its tough as nails!!! good stuff.

·
Registered
406 Posts
remember to seriously clean/wash the inside before gluing your inserts in

1 - 3 of 3 Posts