Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had an experience with arrows made by Arrow Dynamics? I am shooting Mathews conquest 2 at 60- 62 lbs and 29 in draw. I think I would probably shoot the 395 mag in the yellow size. Are these to stiff? Thanks

·
Registered
15,839 Posts
No, I haven't shot them but I have a friend who does and he does quite well. You don't want the yellows they will be way too weak.

The blues with a 28" shaft, 75 gr glue-in point and 2.5 in vmax vanes would work. FOC is a little less than I would like to see. 336 overall arrow wt. 5.6% FOC

The orange is probably better but are way stiff and would require quite a bit of length to work. 31.5" length, 62#, 100 gr points, no wrap, oveall arrow 394 with 7.4% FOC An insert would help here.

4" feathers would help here. The arrow would go down to 382 gr with a 9% FOC and the spine would be dead nuts perfect.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Deezlin. I am confused though , I thought for my set up around a 350 deflecion would be good by the charts. My current arrow is a Gold Tip 22 lite at 28.5 in. , 90 gr tip , mini blazers , easton uni bushing and an easton super nock. Is this to weak also? Thanks again

·
Registered
15,839 Posts
arclite2 said:
Thanks Deezlin. I am confused though , I thought for my set up around a 350 deflecion would be good by the charts. My current arrow is a Gold Tip 22 lite at 28.5 in. , 90 gr tip , mini blazers , easton uni bushing and an easton super nock. Is this to weak also? Thanks again
GT Ultralite 22's at these specification would be extremely stiff. I have the static spine at .300 in On Target.

Using the same basic perimeters as the ultralites, the Yellows will be extremely under spined with a static pine of .450 in On Target. The blues are at .400 and are still showing weak. The orange have a static spine of .330 and would be over-spined, but not as much as your Ultralites.

You are right, a static spine of about .350 is what you would need.

·
Arrow Slapper Extrodinair
4,736 Posts
You Are Right on the nose. You need to shoot the yellow shafts. I shoot a Bowtech Constitution at 58 lbs at 30 inchs with 90gn points and they fly great. I'd go with the yellows for sure with your draw and length.

Just a Little FYI The Blue Shafts Are The Same Spine as The Yellow Just More Weight per inch Should You need to slow your arrow speed down for competition

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks again Ga bear and Deezlin. I hate to beat you guys to death with this but how about a Fatboy 400 or CXL 2 250 at 28.5 " maybe turn my weight down to 59-60 and use an 80 to 85 grain tip? I'm trying to keep my total weight down to about 330-340 ?

·
Arrow Slapper Extrodinair
4,736 Posts
Don't Know About FatBoys..... My Arrows At 29 inchs With a 90gn Nib Only weigh 328 ( AD395 Yellow)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts