1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
13,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
bow: elite e-35 62# @29.5 dl

rest: tt pronghorn drop a way

release: stan shoot off

when drawing the bow back arrows pops off the rest. why? if I sky draw it the arrow stays on.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Not a smooth draw, nock area to tight and lifting the arrow, have someone watch as you draw back. OH! tell them to stand to the side!

·
Registered
13,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no lifting it seems that the rest pops the arrows off.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Do you cock the rest then draw? I cock my QAD but I see some let the rest pick the arrow up.

·
Registered
13,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
not a qad rest. I'm using a trophy taker pronghorn rest

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Nock pinch from d-loop???

·
Registered
5,331 Posts
I had that happen several years ago. I was using the old brass nock sets then. They were pinching my nock when I drew and the arrow would lift up and fall off the rest. I went to using nock sets made of serving and left a tiny bit of room so the nock didn't get pinched. It hasn't happened to me since.

·
Socket Man
24,310 Posts
Usually it is from nock pinch of some kind, many of us are now using one small nock set on the bottom next to the lower d-loop knot and this really helps. If you need help making one I know two easy ways to do it.

·
Registered
13,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
could this be do to timing? don't think it's nock pinch be will check.

·
Registered
17,315 Posts
bow: elite e-35 62# @29.5 dl

rest: tt pronghorn drop a way

release: stan shoot off

when drawing the bow back arrows pops off the rest. why? if I sky draw it the arrow stays on.
if there is no mechanical issue with the rest then it is likely you don't have a smooth draw.

if you want to learn how to draw smoothly, get a blade rest- narrow blade. If you do anything wrong it falls.

Try backing down the weight 5#.

Oh, and never sky draw....

could this be do to timing? don't think it's nock pinch be will check.
doubtful.

Can you draw the bow with a level arrow on target without shaking? IF not, you're likely overbowed even if only a few pounds.

·
Registered
13,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
if there is no mechanical issue with the rest then it is likely you don't have a smooth draw.

if you want to learn how to draw smoothly, get a blade rest- narrow blade. If you do anything wrong it falls.

Try backing down the weight 5#.

Oh, and never sky draw..

doubtful.

Can you draw the bow with a level arrow on target without shaking? IF not, you're likely overbowed even if only a few pounds.
I got fix now. it was the timing. I moved it down about 1/8" now the arrows stays on the rest. this just started happen I shoot it all summer long with no problem did notice the serving is loss will reserve it soon

·
Registered
17,315 Posts
I got fix now. it was the timing. I moved it down about 1/8" now the arrows stays on the rest. this just started happen I shoot it all summer long with no problem did notice the serving is loss will reserve it soon
isn't the speed the arm comes up based on how fast the cable moves?

·
Registered
5,164 Posts
Actually.... I had the same rest but on a different bow, using a hinge release and had the same problem. When drawing back I had to draw at about half the speed otherwise my arrow would pop up and come off the rest.
Try drawing back as slow as possible, if it stays on then slowly speed up the draw.

·
Registered
17,315 Posts
Using a hinge I have had (did last night) the same problem on a blade rest...changing how I held the relese on draw made a difference. That is why I suggested lowering the poundage by about 5#. It's also why I asked if he could draw on target without shaking.

On how I changed the grip of the release, I put more pressure on the other side of the pivot point...as suggested by Ron_W-- maybe Padgett (or both)....smooth as glass.

The reson why "sky drawn" the arrow didn't fall is probably due to using differnt muscles and pulling in a smooth manor.

·
Registered
14,593 Posts
By the sound of it the rest bounces the arrow off due to shooting a high letoff binary. Binary cams by design have a lot of cable travel meaning the cables travel faster with the same speed of draw. Combine this with high letoff and it makes it hard to roll into the valley slow and smooth. We have dealt with binaries for a long time at the shop which is why we do almost all qad and ripcords due to being able to cpick the rest and it will not bounce the arrow.

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
I had that happen several years ago. I was using the old brass nock sets then. They were pinching my nock when I drew and the arrow would lift up and fall off the rest. I went to using nock sets made of serving and left a tiny bit of room so the nock didn't get pinched. It hasn't happened to me since.
Well put! Exactly what I was going to say. You see it a lot worse in short ATA bows

·
Registered
146 Posts
If you make your bottom nock serving longer than the top it will put a downard pressure on the arrow - helps keep it on the rest.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 21 Posts