Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Bitzenburger hands down. I have used the Cabelas and Arizona, and they pale in comparison. I'm sure you'll hear plenty of similar opinions!

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
MartinMan18 said:
Blitzenburg for sure But the Grayling is just about the same and cheaper
YES and YES....

I have the Arizona EZ fletch too and I don't like the arrows it makes...not as nice as Blitz or Grayling.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Do it right

If you are serious about geting into fletching your own arrows, then spend the money on the best. Bitzenburger has to be the best on the market. Pricy yes, but worth the dollars since it will last you for years. I started doing my own and it is a relaxing way to get away from everything going on around you.
Good luck with your fletching.

Dave

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
MartinMan18 said:
Blitzenburg for sure But the Grayling is just about the same and cheaper

MY money was tight and I bought the grayling and love it. My cuz has the blitz and he has nothing but good reports. The only diffenerce I think is one is metal (blitz) and the other is plastic (grayling). Either way you will be happy.

·
Registered
14,295 Posts
I'm broke so I bought the Grayling and after a few arrows, it works fine for me for $30. The Bitz, never heard anything but good about it but its $68. If money is not an issue or if you plan on fletching tons of arrows, get the Bitz, if you're poor and only need to fletch your own on ocassion, by the Grayling.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Bitz

I've got a Bitzenburger & it works great. Haven't tried any of the others so I can't give you an opinion on them.

·
2 cams + 4 cables = X
3,403 Posts
BPE Pro Series

BPE Pro Series is excellent, does any arrow, any configuration with great precision without having to change parts like nock receivers (except clamps of course- straight, RH or LH), and is much cheaper than the Bitz. I've used both, and I choose the BPE Pro Series not because of the price, but because of the ease of use and flexibility. I would get the Pro Series though, not the standard BPE AF-1. The standard is a good deal, don't get me wrong there, but the Pro Series has a dial to adjust to the outside arrow diameter in 1 mm increments, whereas the standard model (like the Grayling, Bitz, etc.) don't specifically adjust to arrow diameter, they just hold all shafts in the same size "cradle."

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
I've had my bitz for over 12 or 13 years. Do yourself a favor and spend a couple of extra bucks. That thing lasts forever and is one of the most consistant jigs I've ever used or seen. You won't regret it.

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
Another thumbs up for the BPE Pro fletcher. Super versatile and can be adjusted to fletch any size arrow. Accurate and very affordable to boot.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Slippy Field said:
I'm broke so I bought the Grayling and after a few arrows, it works fine for me for $30. The Bitz, never heard anything but good about it but its $68. If money is not an issue or if you plan on fletching tons of arrows, get the Bitz, if you're poor and only need to fletch your own on ocassion, by the Grayling.
Ditto

·
Registered
899 Posts
For the price, the Grayling is hard to beat.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Another vote here for the BPE Pro Series jig. I have used the Bitzenburger at the local shop and while it does a great job, it is very hard to fletch quickspins. However, I never have a problem with quickspins on my BPE Pro. The dial that is designed for each shaft size is great too. For less than $50, you can't go wrong.

·
Retired GI "still serv'n"
13,960 Posts
Is there more than one Bitz model?

I see some that say Dial O Fletch on Ebay for $75 and others that are for $62 but do not say "Dial O Fletch"

I currently use a Arizona EZ Fletcher but have been thinking of going with a Bitz.........

·
Registered
328 Posts
classifieds on AT

Look for a bitz for sale in the classifieds here on archery talk. You should be able to find a good used one for around $45 to $65. You gotta be fast on them tho...they do go quick. :darkbeer:

·
Retired GI "still serv'n"
13,960 Posts
How about a Jo Jan flethcer?
I always thought they looked neat, being able to do 6 arrows in one jig.
Are they any good?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts