1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
10,922 Posts
Yeh, I got my own Bitz jig back around 1975 and haven't bought a fletched arrow since. Geez, I think the whole jig w/clamp set me back a whole $27.

·
Registered
3,944 Posts
Yeah.. I got 12 Bitz jigs on a lazy susan. It's from the fletchtite days when you had to wait for your glue to dry. I can fletch almost as fast w/ 1 or 2 jigs now a days though.

·
Premium Member
10,922 Posts
KBacon said:
BGFisher.. man you're old!!! That's back when gas was $.50 and coke was $.05 right?
Screw you. LOL. Just goes to show you how young you really are. Gas was $.27 a gallon.

I'm not going to say when and where but I remember buying gas at $13/ gallon and $1.80 for a carton of cigarettes (don't smoke them anymore).

You just wait. One of these days you'll have lived long enough to "remember when".

·
Registered
9,862 Posts
I might have bought 3 dozen arrows all done up in my life. Bought my first Bitzenberger in 1973 and have never used anything else.

·
Banned
159 Posts
I used to do my own but I was terrible at it. I have a buddy who does mine for me and he does an excellent job. Costs me lunch once and a while but its well worth it.

·
Bowhemian
8,295 Posts
RossDeathDraw said:
I used to do my own but I was terrible at it. I have a buddy who does mine for me and he does an excellent job. Costs me lunch once and a while but its well worth it.
Terrible? In what way? Fletching is not difficult, so what was the problem? Is it that you just didn't like doing it?

·
Bowhemian
8,295 Posts
walks with a gi said:
I might have bought 3 dozen arrows all done up in my life. Bought my first Bitzenberger in 1973 and have never used anything else.
I got mine (used) in 1981 and it's still solid as a rock.

·
Bowhemian
8,295 Posts
KBacon said:
Yeah.. I got 12 Bitz jigs on a lazy susan. It's from the fletchtite days when you had to wait for your glue to dry. I can fletch almost as fast w/ 1 or 2 jigs now a days though.
I fletch with feathers on aluminum, which allows me to use Bohning fletching tape. No waiting at all. Instant adhesion. I can fletch an arrow ready to shoot in less than a minute -- with a single clamp jig.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
i got tierd og having arrows with vains missing and paying a shop $1 - $3 arrows to flech them. i but arrows cheap and pick up vains and feathers at shows for pennies. bought a jojan 6 and left hand clamps and spend the winter refleching arrows. jojan and the clamps and a few bags of vains and few tube of glue was the best $100 i ever spend. i always look for cheap arrow stuff and now i charge my fred $1 a arrow to flech them

1 - 15 of 15 Posts