Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im shooting 67# with a 28'' DL and my arrows are 330 grains, am i good?

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
Standard bow ratings are 5 grains per pound of draw weight minimum. Therefore for your draw weight, 335 grains minimum, very close though.

·
Registered
3,484 Posts

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
AM i Under, Borderline, Just right or Over.

·
Registered
438 Posts
according to standard you are just under. probably wont cause alot of problems for you but i generally get the best results grained about 20 to 40 grains over ibo weight

·
Vendor
4,580 Posts
Your arrows are just fine. Your arrow weight will cause no more troubles than a 400 grain arrow.

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
Personally I like a little heavier arrow so this year I will be using 125 grains bheads instead of 100 g. I think this puts me around 40g over and I figure why risk it.

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Im getting 315fps at 67.2# with my VT does that put me at the IBO rateing for that bow 340fps?

·
Registered
3,484 Posts
Im getting 315fps at 67.2# with my VT does that put me at the IBO rateing for that bow 340fps?
according to backcountry bowhunting with those specs you are right on for ibo figures...but those arrows are way lighter than anything i personally would want to shoot

·
Banned
1,520 Posts
That is slow at your specs shot a element today one at 28.8 59.9 pounds 414 grain arrow 268 the other 28/69.8 414 grain arrow 298 fps so I would say your under ibo an cams need timed
Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13,750 Posts
Your arrows are just fine. Your arrow weight will cause no more troubles than a 400 grain arrow.
this is not wise advice,, the standard set by the manufacturers is 5 gr per pound,, under is under.. true it is not much but your telling someone something that could potentially get them hurt, void their warranty and get you involved in a law suit...there is a permanent record of what you said,, wise up....

to the op,, no it is not safe, the gplb is a safety standard that should not be broken,, yes people do it all the time,, and more than once i have seen the results and repaired bows that were shot with arrows to light... ive also seen a few of the injuries.... one or two fps gained by going to light will make no difference anywhere but in the mind

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
this is not wise advice,, the standard set by the manufacturers is 5 gr per pound,, under is under.. true it is not much but your telling someone something that could potentially get them hurt, void their warranty and get you involved in a law suit...there is a permanent record of what you said,, wise up....

to the op,, no it is not safe, the gplb is a safety standard that should not be broken,, yes people do it all the time,, and more than once i have seen the results and repaired bows that were shot with arrows to light... ive also seen a few of the injuries.... one or two fps gained by going to light will make no difference anywhere but in the mind
Exactly!! Very well said.

·
Registered
613 Posts
drop a pound a time your cams

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
going to add 2'' blazers instead of the 1.5 fusion vanes that puts me at 340g at 67#s, that will be safe right?

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Im shooting 67# with a 28'' DL and my arrows are 330 grains, am i good?
I'd back off to 65#, no sense risking damage to your bow or you for that matter........................I'm currently shooting 338 gr at 65#

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
You are focusing on speed more than is needed. Use a shaft that tunes well and is spined properly for your DW. Look at it like this , would you shoot a necked down 270wsm in a 300wsm gun just because the bolt will close and the weapon fire? FYI - its been done with verry bad results on the 3rd round. The first two rounds fired and the third blew the breech open in the shooters face and implanting the rear lens of a Khales scope in his right jawbone.
Point is why take a chance?
PS- is the weight you posted the shaft only with no tip weight? If so your good, if not your under weight.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts