Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a browning micro midas 3 with 24 1/2 draw and it is at 36 lbs.. I am shooting easton platinums 1813 w/ 2 1/4 inch vains. Are they the right arrows for my bow?....They seem to fly different from my other arrows...Wanted to use these for 3D.
I also have vapor 3000 and easton gamegetters 1716 and they shoot fine.

·
Registered
6,639 Posts
Based solely on experience only, I'd say the 1813 will probably work okay but are stiffer (spine) than what you really need for your setup. Something like a 1713 may be even better if looking to reduce weight further and is closer in spine to what you probably need. The arrow selection chart can help you fine tune the recommended shaft if looking to buy some new arrows. I'd guess medium 2 cam for your bow, 35#-40# draw weight, 24" arrow, and see what it says. Then play around with the settings a little in terms of arrow length (use 23") and see what else comes up. That should give you a good range of arrows that will work out of your set-up. The brief playing I did showed a 1614, but you could probably go a little stiffer than that and make it work without problem.

Just my opinion........................:)

>>--------->

·
Registered
6,639 Posts
First and foremost, imo, shoot what is comfortable and don't crank the weight up just to try matching the arrows you have to your set-up.

Those 1813's, while a little stiffer than what you need, should still group just fine for you right now. The more you shoot, then more you'll be able to handle a higher draw weight without problem. After awhile consider moving the poundage up, but keep it comfortable. The 1813's at the 25" length should work fine even as you increase your draw weight for some time to come (into the low 40# range, guessing).

Work on getting the bow tuned and shoot for groups. As long as the 1813's are grouping don't worry about where they impact compared to the other arrows you mentioned.

Just my opinion.................:)

>>------------>

1 - 7 of 7 Posts