Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who has the most accurate arrow selecton guide that takes into consideration most all factors that effect spine? I have OT2 but I always like to cross reference the info with another source to verify, plus some of the info in OT2 does'nt seem right. For instance; my wifes Parker buck shot shoots @ 215 fps thru the chronograph. The OT2 program says it should shoot @ 145 fps. Big difference there so I'm not sure if its giving me the correct suggested spine either. Carbon Express website has a good chart but it doesn't take into consideration her short (24") draw length. I guess what I need to know is this. If manufacturers use a standard draw length to determine the correct spine, how do you adjust for draw lengths shorter or longer?

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Easton

Easton Archery has a couple guides, and spine comparasion chart... Im very suprised the OT2 is off that far!!! I have it also and it has my 2 and wifes very close!!! Id double check all the factors on OT2 to be sure, cuz if speeds are off that far, its probably not giving you right info!!!
Also send an email to them about the difference and they'll usually respond real fast as to why its that different!!!

·
Registered
15,839 Posts
thumperX said:
............. Id double check all the factors on OT2 to be sure, cuz if speeds are off that far, its probably not giving you right info!!!
Also send an email to them about the difference and they'll usually respond real fast as to why its that different!!!
Yeap, I don't believe it, but there could be a data error some place. I would contact them and they will take care of you.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies. I tried all sorts of variables and double checked everything but I still get the same results. I'll give OT2 a call. Also, I looked at Eastons chart and its o.k. but it doesnt have a variable for draw length.

·
Registered
636 Posts
martyapo said:
Who has the most accurate arrow selecton guide that takes into consideration most all factors that effect spine? I have OT2 but I always like to cross reference the info with another source to verify, plus some of the info in OT2 does'nt seem right. For instance; my wifes Parker buck shot shoots @ 215 fps thru the chronograph. The OT2 program says it should shoot @ 145 fps. Big difference there so I'm not sure if its giving me the correct suggested spine either. Carbon Express website has a good chart but it doesn't take into consideration her short (24") draw length. I guess what I need to know is this. If manufacturers use a standard draw length to determine the correct spine, how do you adjust for draw lengths shorter or longer?
I played around with a lot of charts. They give you a good starting point, but I always had to make adjustments from whatever results they gave me. I finally downloaded OT2 and plugged the equipment and nailed my setup. I cut the shafts, replaced the tips, set the poundage on the bow according to the OT2 results and paper tuned it. No adjustments needed on the paper tune. Walked out to field target and bareshafted it. Right on the money. Granted...I started with a properly tuned bow...but OT2 was spot on with the rest of the setup.

This may have been pure luck that I started with equipment that OT2 was accurate on. I can't see how they could be accurate on every conceiveable peice of equipment you can put on your bow. But with my setup (see sig below) it was dead on.

Nate

1 - 5 of 5 Posts