Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wondering what arrow i would get the best results from out of a mathews z7 magnum 29/65.....thanks.....also im going to be using it as a hunting bow....:noidea:

·
Registered
574 Posts
No right or wrong answers - lot of good arrows out there.

I believe the Easton Axis FMJs are better than any others, for me, for hunting - I'd go with a 400 FMJ on the shortish side or a 340 FMJ on the longish side. Depends on whether you want more speed or more penetration. If you want to use just one pin all the way to 30 yards or more, run with a shortish 400. Consult your software or easton's online algorithm for exact best optimum length of arrow for your head size, etc. (or PM me).

Also depends on what you're hunting - anything larger or tougher than whitetails/mulies/sheep/goats? If yes, might run with a longer 340.

The FMJs are a nice balance of (1) Weight, on the heavy side, for max penetration, (2) Ease of pulling from targets, and (3) Toughness, though they are on the expensive side. The HIT inserts also arguably help your heads align more perfectly. The FMJ 400s, being on the heavy side *for 400s*, are a good balance of speed & other factors for a deer-sized game arrow, IMO, for a 60-65-70 lb bow.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
I use Carbon Express Maxima Hunters and really like the way they fly! I like Gold Tip XTs as well...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts