Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought some carbon express maxima 250 arrows and went to shoot them and they wern't flying right went to paper tune them and i kept getting a left tear moved my rest around and couldn't get it right turned my bow down to 56 pounds and got it. I like to shoot 62# so now im looking for new arrows. I shot some gold tip pro hunter 55/75 and at 30 yards all three arrows were touching just looking for some input on what other people are shooting with similar setups.
05 switchback 62# 28 inch draw 80%letoff

·
Registered
720 Posts
Maxima 250's

Just out of curiosity, what weight is the tip? I am shooting 61lbs 28.5 DL with 28" maxima 250 100 grn tip and get bullets out to 30 yds(haven't tried any farther). Ny BH's and FP's hit same point out to 40 yds so the bullet at 40 doesn't bother me. RidgeRunr

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im shooting 100 gr tips, someone told me it was because of the single cam on my switchback, the same arrows shoots graet out of my sons tribute set at 61#.

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Shoot thru the paper without touching your face or anything to the string. Watch what happens. If it doesn't get better try adding or subtracting some twists to your yoke, just one side. If it gets better you went the right way if it gets worse back up and go in the other direction.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
when i shoot a heaver arrow like a beman ics hunter 400 i can get my bow to paper tune i just wanted to try a lighter arrow.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts