Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What arrow holder do you feel is the best to put on yur bow shelf? I am talking about one that will hold your arrow before your drop away picks your arrow up.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Why not just get a Ripcord. Drop away that completely contains the arrow. You can flip it up manually and keep the arrow fully contained during hunting. Let it rip and the rest drops with no contact. Beautiful

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
I use a Drop Zone and I really like this one made by SIMS.

http://www.bowhunterssuperstore.com/sims-2007-fallaway-arrow-holder-p-4705.html

Here is the original that came with the rest. It is fine too, but not as positive at holding the arrow as the SIMS.

http://www.bowhunterssuperstore.com/trophy-ridge-dropzone-arrow-rack-arrow-rest-p-1255.html

Here is another that I've seen in the catalogue, but have never used. It looks like it might be good. Perhaps someone who has used it can review it for us.

http://www.bowhunterssuperstore.com/arrow-holder-p-1027.html

Ray

·
Registered
10,398 Posts
I use the ones made by nap....best i've found so far.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,398 Posts
Why not just get a Ripcord. Drop away that completely contains the arrow. You can flip it up manually and keep the arrow fully contained during hunting. Let it rip and the rest drops with no contact. Beautiful
Hum.....a few bucks for a good arrow holder for the shelf......or spend 80 bucks on a new rest.:wink:

·
Registered
574 Posts
I have the first one on my bow (sims) now and took the last one (ram) off late last year.

The ram cost me a deer in very cold weather. It hold the arrow tight so it is better most of the time. However in very cold weather since it is plastic it gets stiff and not flex much so the arrow (skinny Easton Axis) actually will pop up in the air as the draw away lifts the arrow. That popping out of the holder and the subsequent dropping of the arrow back onto the rest made enough noise to spook a wary late season doe I was drawing on. It was around -5 out that morning.

The ram will go back on soon but will come off when it gets really cold.

·
Bowhunter
5,209 Posts
I have one like the Ram, made by Mathews that came with the Mathews rest. My arrows have some friction that causes some "squeeking" when the arrow pops up from the holder and is drawn across the top of the holder arms. Cleaning the arrows does not help, and I don't want to bother with lubricants.

So, I put up with this quirkiness last year, but will replace it this season, probably with a Sims - I like the looks of the width and open top, which will not hold the arrow in position regardless of bow orientation, but at least I can put some moleskin across the bottom and have it be dead silent when the arrow is drawn back.

·
Registered
14,403 Posts
I have one like the Ram, made by Mathews that came with the Mathews rest. My arrows have some friction that causes some "squeeking" when the arrow pops up from the holder and is drawn across the top of the holder arms. Cleaning the arrows does not help, and I don't want to bother with lubricants.

So, I put up with this quirkiness last year, but will replace it this season, probably with a Sims - I like the looks of the width and open top, which will not hold the arrow in position regardless of bow orientation, but at least I can put some moleskin across the bottom and have it be dead silent when the arrow is drawn back.
No noise whatsoever with the RAM, must be made from a different material.

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
I use the plastic type that the arrow snaps into. Sometimes they need trimmed so arrow comes out of it smooth when rest picks arrow up. I like mine. It hold arrow well and comes out smooth on draw.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts