Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
having problem with vapor 4000's 30'' long 75gr tip out of 70lb bow with drop away rest,5'' vanes.When I shoot out to 20yards 10 ring,at 30yards 1''to right,40 yards 10 ring,50 yards 8''to left.I put 100gr field tips on same thing,I had people watch arrow flight and they said they fly good,no side,or up and down motion,I think I'll go back aluminum? any ideas?

·
Registered
2,727 Posts
Sounds like it might be a spine issue. What does paper tuning tell you? You might PM NUts&bolts. He is awesome at tracking down form and spine problems.

·
Premium Member
10,922 Posts
At that length and draw weight 4000's are way underspined. Ya got a couple choices. Either get 5000's or (what I'd do) turn the weight of the bow down to at least 65# and see if they group better. I'm going to take from memory here and say you should be shooting them at about 60# considering the length.

Also, with the 75gr tips you are probably seeing the results of too little FOC, meaning there isn't enough weight up front to pull the arrow along. This results in arrows that can look like they are flying OK, but are drifting in the air.

One thing you may be finding out is that paper tuning at a few feet, although nice, does nothing to tell you how your arrows will group at longer distances.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts