Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i recently started shooting the cx maxima arrow. they are very light and fast. my old arrows were a little heavier and hit extremely hard. has anyone ever used arrow inserts to increase the weight and kinetic energy of your arrow? i know cx makes an insertbut i don't know anyone that has ever used them. any feedback would be great.

·
Registered
13,924 Posts
The Maximas were designed to be light, fast, and strong. Why would you want to add that much weight to slow them down? You could have spend a lot less money and gotten just as strong and just as straight an arrow that weighted a lot more. Just a thought.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Kinetic energy

Just a thought

Concerning kinetic energy, if one wants to compare numbers, simply think that considering the formula means that you get more KE from a light and faster shaft than from a heavy lumbering log.

One has to make the calculation KE = (mass * (speed squared))/2

Anyhow to keep one's feet on earth, take care to measure your actual speed and do the math. Most clubs have a device to measure speed.

There also is the problem of matching the arrow to the bow because some bow-arrow combinations will yield unexpected results due to the acceleration patterns and the timing. Some bows yield more with lighter arrows amd others might do better with heavier ones.

It is better to measure than to estimate.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Been shooting the CX Maxima for two years now, great arrow! Use weight tubes and my Dartin Tundra shoots the weighted arrow much better. Use a PDP insert which allows one to use PDP weight moduels. The combination was devistating on a nice buck I arrowed last fall.
Don't hesitate to use either or combine them.
The Maxima Hunters are even nicer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts