Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've heard that most people try to line up their arrow with the hole(s) the rest screws in on the riser. Mine is set up with the arrow below that. Will this cause problems? I just dropped my poundage down from 70 to 62 and I'm trying to combat the small sight window of my Mathews FX. If my arrow is level with the rest hole I have to move my sight up a little further than I like. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Jeremy

·
EPLC Stabilization 4-Sale
9,413 Posts
It's OK, in fact there are a lot of people that shoot as low as they can in order to get the arrow closer to center of the bow.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Man, thats good to hear! Thanks Paul!

Jeremy

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
eplc, I thought the arrow rest hole was the center of
the bow.. is this not right... if not, how does one know
where center is??thanks...

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
SOUNDS FINE TO ME

Depending on the riser design, the arrow rest mounting location should be slightly above center, with the grip slightly below. By keeping the arrow as close to center as possible, without fletching interference, optimum performance can be achieved. Due to the nature of today's longer risers, some bows have the grip quite far below center, making the bow top heavy and somewhat difficult to maintain consistency. Your setup should be fine, but it is a good idea to spray the riser and vanes with white foot spray to check for absolute clearance shot after shot. Shoot more than one arrow to, as even slight changes in grip pressure and bow arm tension can affect results. If you have clearance tighten everything one last time and just shoot it.

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
the Wilde Bunch (not to be confused with the band Wylde Bunch) have thier rests WAY below the hole, while Dave Cousins is even. I guess it is personal preference.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts