Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys...right now my draw length is 28.5 I need to buy some new arrows and not sure how long to get them. how far should they stick over the rest? thanks

·
Registered
132 Posts
Anything I have been told or read you want your arrow shaft at full draw to protrude past your rest by 1" or a little more. That is with broadheads not sure if your just shooting field tips. My draw length is 29" shooting off a whisker bisc. rest my shafts are 27".

·
Registered
9,194 Posts
Devin, your previous post clearly showed that your draw lenght won't be over 28.5'' (if I recall correctly ppl even suggested you shorten it a bit)...So, unless you're gonna go hunting, you'd be ok with 28-28.1/2'' arrows and say 28.1/4'' draw length.

·
Registered
9,194 Posts
DevinCamPA said:
this is mainly a hunting bow and its as short as it gets..
Again, I must point out that you can shorten it by untwisting the cables, and twisting the string. I actually did that with my bow the other day - I gave like 5-6 twists to the string and untwisted the cable a bit; result - draw shorter by 1/4 to 3/8''...
And I don't know much about hunting, but I suppose people here will suggest arrows 1/2 to 1'' longer than the DL.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts