Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the average length you cut your arrows past your draw length?

·
Registered
5,021 Posts
My DL is 27.5" and my arrows are cut 27.5" nock groove to end of carbon.

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
Yeah making the arrow length the same as the draw length is usually a pretty good reference for hunting.... it put's the back of the broadhead just in front of the riser.

·
Hunter of many things
11,992 Posts
DL 28.5
Arrow 28 C2C

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
I cut my arrows flush with the front of the riser.

·
Registered
9,005 Posts
My draw length 29" and my arrow length length is 27.5", from the valley of the nock to the end of the shaft.

·
Registered
7,308 Posts
My draw is 26.5. My arrows are 24.5 ctc. As long as the broadhead clears the riser and it's not so short you pull it through the rest. You can have your arrow as long or short as you want.

·
Shootin and Cussin
22,954 Posts
Yeah making the arrow length the same as the draw length is usually a pretty good reference for hunting.... it put's the back of the broadhead just in front of the riser.
I keep in in front of any skin just to be safe.

·
Registered
170 Posts
If your arrows are too long, can't they cause issues with paper tuning? I thought I came across that somewhere.

My draw is 26.5. My arrows are 24.5 ctc. As long as the broadhead clears the riser and it's not so short you pull it through the rest. You can have your arrow as long or short as you want.

·
Registered
7,308 Posts
If your arrows are too long, can't they cause issues with paper tuning? I thought I came across that somewhere.
As long as center shots are set imwould say no. But I've never tested. Replacing string this weekend. I think I'll try and find out

·
Registered
Elite Kure, Ritual, Valor
4,060 Posts
DL is 29". C2C arrow length is 26.5". My rest is the Vaportrail Pro-V. Puts arrow point 1.5" in front of rest.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
My draw length is 27.5 and I did shoot 29.5 " arrows. I wanted a little more weight and stronger arrow. I had to get a stiffer spine and had to go longer. Draw weight was around 55#. Easton bloodline 330. Bare shaft tuned wonderfully and shot excellent. Paper tuning is a waste of time for me. After bare shaft tune and walk back tune my broadhead fly right with field points.

·
Premium Member
4,970 Posts
No overage at all for my trad target arrows.

1" for my FMJ hunting arrows.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thank you all great tips!!! pun intended!!!

·
Registered
797 Posts
27 draw arrow is a tad under 30 inches carbon to carbon.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts