Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where do you guys set your arrow lengths? I'm shooting a Reezen with a QAD rest and currently have the arrow about even with the front of the riser when at full draw. I've heard some say this is good and some say 1 inch in front of the rest but that would bring the arrow along way back into the riser. What is best? Shooting 60lbs at 28 inch draw with Maxima Hunter 250 currently which makes my arrow about 28-3/4 inches from the nock throat to insert. May consider bumping up to 350's and 65 lbs. Should I shorten the arrow length to maybe 28 and draw it into the riser or leave it where it is?

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
You have to decide what rest your going to stay with..if you cut your arrows to the front of your QAD you may be to short if you go to a different style rest..at the most i would cut them even with the front of the riser...i have a 30" draw and have some cut 28" and they just come to the front of my QAD that is set back as far as it will go...i need a 29" arrow for shoot through rests...but shorther is lighter and makes the spine stiffer so it pretty much depends on how you want your bow setup...JMO

1 - 2 of 2 Posts