Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw a guy at the last shoot that had a small container of arrow lube where he simply inserted the tip (and about 4" of the arrow) into the top of the container and his target arrows were all lubed up when he pulled the arrow out.

Sure looked like it beat me running a bar of Ivory soap up and down the shafts. :)

Anyone know what type of lube or container that was?

Thanks

·
Registered
720 Posts
arrow lube

There are a couple different ones that you can buy from like Lancaster's or some of the other places. What I use is an old 35mm film case with a split sponge in it. I soak the sponge down with Armor All for cars. It seems to work and doesn't hurt the arrow. RR

·
Registered
4,630 Posts
M&M Minis Tube !!!!!!!!!

Saw a guy this year at our first club shoot.
He had a M&M minis tube he cut a small sponge and slid it the
length of the tube around 4 to 5 inches and filled it 1/5 of the way up
with tire wet and keeps the top closed and attached to a small pocket
on his side quiver and before he shoots just pops the top and rubs the tip and a few inches of the arrow on the saturated sponge.

Going to make one today ! Get to eat the M&M First:tongue:

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
You can get them at pro shops,, bass pro,, cabales...or make one yourself out of 1 1/4" pvc pipe...cut it 4" long and glue a cap on one end and fill with a sponge,. cotton balls..ect...and put in some vegie oil and your good to go..if you want you can cap the other end and drill a hole in the cap that your arrow will fit through and glue that on too..

·
Bowhemian
8,300 Posts
I use a small Folger's coffee can with a plastic lid. I put a rolled up piece of foam in it, drilled a hole in the lid and wet the foam with Armor-All auto vinyl protector. Stick the arrow in and it's good for about four shots.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I've got one...

but i cant remember the name, i want to say gorilla lube or somethin like that i'll see if i cant find the name...only cost me like $5 at the pro shop

·
Registered
32 Posts
I use the mini M&Ms tube with the sponge from a lady's hair roller, already has a hole down the center, and armor all tire care, works great

·
Registered
5,377 Posts
Yep, this is the one I've seen. I'll probably snag one if I can find one locally, just because I'm too lazy to mess around with making one.
Ok scrap that, I picked up a container of M&M mini's last night and going to use that instead :)

·
Registered
582 Posts
but i cant remember the name, i want to say gorilla lube or somethin like that i'll see if i cant find the name...only cost me like $5 at the pro shop
scorpion venom

·
Registered
5,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
on his side quiver and before he shoots just pops the top and rubs the tip and a few inches of the arrow on the saturated sponge.

Thanks for that tip. I had to stop at 3 convienance stores to find the mini-M&M's :)

Cut a chunk of soft spongy type foam to fit and filled the container 1/2 way with some tire-shine I had in the garage.

Works like a champ! (I like the fact that it only cost about $1 too :))

·
Registered
9 Posts

I made mine with an aluminum cigar container, few inches longer and works great.:thumbs_up

1 - 13 of 13 Posts