1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
I don't see why not, if anything it may not stay on as long, so ya may just have to "Dip" them more often...

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
I'm sure it would work but why all the trouble ? Why dont you just go buy some arrow lube ?

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
I use the tire shine liquid. Works great, sure beats the price of commercial arrow lubes.

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm sure it would work but why all the trouble ? Why dont you just go buy some arrow lube ?
because i already have a bunch of the tire shine and it is cheaper for a big bottle of the shine than it is for the small arrow lube bottles. Plus, i just like to play around with things

·
Pig Killer
203 Posts
cheap white bar of soap, works just fine

·
Registered
416 Posts
I use bar soap out of the maids cart when I stay at hotels/motels. Take a few each time I stay at one and have a little stash going.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
When shooting 3d targets or other foam targets, sometimes the foam does not want you to have your arrow back.
How do you apply the bar soap?

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Just rub the bar around the first three inches or so of your arrow...works great but I prefer Woodys as it comes in a small bottle and lasts a long time- usually apply to arrow every third shot.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Bar soap works well but only lasts one shot. You have to apply it ever time. Woody's is nice because it doesn't require relubing every shot. Pick your poison. Cheap/free and apply (which is not a big deal) or go the more expensive route and save some time.

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
I have friends cracking jokes at me all the time - for using strawberry scented liquid soap. If i shoot spots at a certain club , the smell lingers for at least a day or two ... hey, i'm just marking my territory ... lmaoo

Soak a dishwashing sponge with soap of your choice , push it into small pvc tube , hang it on a belt quiver and voila .... dip , load and shoot . Soap usually last for 2-3 shots on hard foam targets.

·
Registered
5,752 Posts

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
as per all the suggestions about soap, thanks but it is what i have been using for a long time. Im using the tireshine/sponge route to help on rainy oregon days on the 3d range when the soap gets, well, soapy

1 - 20 of 30 Posts